Dear Legacy Academy Parents,
We are all settled in! We are having such a great start to a new school year. Thank You for entrusting your children to us. Please review the calendar carefully, there are several very important meetings coming up. Please remember, parents, are welcome to call our office with any questions or concerns. We are happy to help!
This month there is No School on Friday, September 01, 2017 and Monday, September 04, 2017.
Everyone must use their official carpool number/sign, (this means made in our office with the official Legacy Academy logo). As of Thursday, August 31, 2017, after that, we will require you to come into the office with your driver’s license to retrieve your child(ren). We can no longer allow you to give your name and we can no longer allow hand written carpool numbers. This is for the safety of all children at Legacy Academy. Please call the office if you need carpool number made up, give your number and the color you will need (green for front door pickup and red for back door pickup).
Monday, September 11, 2017, is Patriot Day Observation 8:00 am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve or have served our country in the armed services, firemen, and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC, etc. on this day. We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name.
Please remember, students needing a hot lunch must place an order by 8:30 am each day. Keep this in mind if your student is coming late. Make checks payable to “Elizabeth Lunch Program” for lunch accounts, and add the name(s) of your student in the memo along with their grade. If students are bringing in cash they need to have their money in an envelope with their name, grade, and teacher on the outside. Student meals cost $3.50, students who want seconds on their entree are charged an additional $2.00 per meal. Adult meals are $4.00 and milk is .50 More information about our lunch program and free and reduced lunch applications can be filled out at ??? Parents who qualified for the program have only thirty days to reapply without losing benefits. Pay online www.payforit.net . For questions about your student’s lunch account please call Cathy Breaux 303-646-2636 ext. 1035.
- We are still looking for donations of brunch items to feed all of our community service workers for our Patriot Day Observation on Monday, September 11, 2017. We could really use completely cooked/still warm egg and meat dishes, fruit platters, bacon in a crock pot (fully) cooked. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. We will pick up items during carpool on Monday, September 11, 2017, so you or your student does not have to worry about getting the items into the school. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name. Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also need about 5 people to arrive at 7:30 am to help with set-up, and two more people to help with clean-up, at about 9:00 am. Please e-mail Ms. Anne at email@example.com if you can help with this special event.
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the fall. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for the month of October and will last two days. We can use up to ten volunteers a day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com.
- Having trouble getting opportunities to volunteer at school? Make a cash donation to our ROAR awards program. Just send a check to the office and mark ROAR in the memo. Every ten dollars counts as one hour and goes to an excellent cause. See below. Sign up on our website for Help Counter to register your volunteer hours at HelpCounter.net. Look for volunteer information under the school resources tab. Log volunteer time through the PTCO page (look in “about Legacy”).
This school year Legacy Academy is focusing on building character. School wide the students are asked to R.O.A.R. This means students are asked to be Respectful, On Task, Appropriate and Responsible. Students who show R.O.A.R behaviors are awarded an R.O.A.R Award. Then 12 R.O.A.R awards are drawn every month and those students will have ice cream with Mr. Naber.
In addition to R.O.A.R. awards, we are teaching our students about Character Traits. The Character Trait schedule is as follows:
- Respect/Responsibility- August/September
- Honesty- October
- Compassion- November
- Cooperation- December
- Integrity- January
- Courage- February
- Perseverance- March
- Courtesy – April
Dress of Choice/Uniform Information:
Middle School and fifth-grade students are able to wear jeans every Friday as long as they wear a logo shirt from a Legacy Academy sponsored club, sports team or if they purchase a Legacy Academy polo with an embroidered Legacy Academy logo. These can be purchased through Educational Outfitters or your student may get an order form at the office. Jeans may be worn with one of these shirts every Friday throughout the school year, but the shirts MUST be acquired through the Legacy Academy office (from Educational Outfitters). Educational Outfitters located at 8170 South University Blvd Suite #250 Centennial, CO 801222, Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-3, Closed Sundays. denver.educationaloutfitters.com, phone: 720-200-6666
Tuesday, August 29th ~
- Beginning Band (first-year players, fifth through eighth grade): There will be a meeting for anyone interested in Beginning Band from 3:25-4:25 pm in the music room, parents may also attend if they wish.
- Parent meeting for Coed X-Country (6th through 8th grade) in the Legacy Computer lab 5:00 pm-5:30 pm.
Wednesday, August 30th ~
- Parent meeting for Boys Soccer (6th through 8th grade) in the Legacy Computer lab 5:15 pm -5:45 pm
- Parent meeting for Girl’s Volleyball (6th through 8th grade) in the Legacy Computer lab 5:15 pm -5:45 pm
Thursday, August 31st ~
- Fifth Grade Community Challenge Field Trip. 5th-grade students will travel by bus to Casey Jones Park in Elizabeth, CO to join other fifth graders in the district to practice team building.
Friday, September 1st ~ No School/Teacher Inservice
Monday, September 4th ~ Labor Day/No School
Wednesday, September 6th ~
- Continuing band starts! Continuing band will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays in the music room from 3:25 pm to 4:25 pm
- Mandatory 8th-grade parent meeting for DC/New York/Phi at 5:00 pm in Mr. Bruner’s Room, room 107 (third classroom on the left down the middle school hall).
Thursday, September 7th ~
- (Rain Date) Fifth Grade Community Challenge Field Trip.
Friday, September 8th ~
- Middle School Dress of Choice. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
Monday, September 11 ~
- Patriot Day Observation 8:00 am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve or have served our country in the armed services, firemen, and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC, etc. on this day. We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name.
Tuesday, September 12 ~
- Beginning band starts! Beginning band will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the music room from 3:25 pm to 4:25 pm
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30 pm in Mrs. Baird’s room. Free Childcare provided.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the STEM/Library room.
Friday, September 15 ~
- Dress In Bronco Colors $2.00. Students can pay two dollars and dress in orange and blue to support the Denver Broncos. Students can wear jeans, no uniforms are required if students participate.
- All Middle School Field Trip to Elizabeth Homecoming Parade 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Friday, September 22 ~
- We are hosting a “Farm Days” event on Friday, September 22, 2017. Each classroom and homeschool will have an opportunity to go to the fields at Wild Pointe to see all types of farm animals and learn about farm life as well as where our food comes from. This will happen the between 8:30 am and 12:00. Please send your child a cookie/milk alternative to eat following their tour, if they have diet restrictions because each student will eat a cookie and drink a carton of milk.
Wednesday, September 27 ~
- See You at The Pole, 7:00 am This is a student lead prayer time around the flag pole that is a global activity. Students and parents, please bring a breakfast item to share and come to the cafeteria for a quick breakfast at 7:00 am and then gather around the flag pole at 7:15 am to pray for their school, friends, churches, and community.
Thursday, September 28 ~
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00 am in the gymnasium
Friday, September 29 ~
- Picture Retakes and Fall Sports Photographs/All School Dress of Choice. Students will have a chance to take their photograph if they missed initial picture day or retake a photo that was unsatisfactory. Please send back original photo if your child is going to retake. We will take sports team photo’s for Volleyball, Soccer, X-Country. Please make sure your student has their uniform as well as shoes and socks for the photograph.