We are now in the Holiday Season. We hope that Everyone has a Happy, Healthy Holiday Season. The PTCO would like to spread some cheer to the Legacy Academy Staff as well. Since we have been receiving such wonderful responses by using sign-up genius we decided to try it to collect donations for the Holiday Gift Fund instead of making requests during carpool.
Please go to the Link for more details and to sign up for any of the Volunteer Opportunities that are currently available.
Holiday Gift Fund for Legacy Staff
The 2017 Legacy Academy Spelling Bee will be held this Thursday, December 14, at 3:45pm in the cafeteria. Please plan on attending and cheering on some of Legacy’s best spellers. The last spelling bee practice will be held tomorrow, December 12, from 3:30-4 in the STEM room.
Please join us for the Christmas Concerts this week. Please make sure your student wears festive colors.
Wednesday, December 6th 5-8 Grade Concert
Call Time is 5:15 pm. The students will report to their homeroom. The program will start at 6:00 pm and should last for approximately one hour.
Thursday, December 7th K-4 Grade Concert
Call Time is 5:15 pm. The students will report to their classrooms. The program will start at 6:00 pm and should last for approximately one hour.
If your student intends to compete in the spelling bee on Thursday, December 14, after school, please make sure you have completed a Bee permission slip and turned it into the student’s teacher or the office.
Bee Permission Slip
This Week at Legacy:
Wednesday, November 29
- Dress in Western Attire – NO FEE (Book Fair Theme is Wild West Book Fair: Saddle up and read!)
Thursday, November 30
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00am
- The Book Fair is open to the public from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Friday, December 1
- Grand Day! Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/special child(ren). If you are planning on attending and eating lunch, please fill out and send in the attached order form. Students can order the potato bar for hot lunch also, but they must have money in their lunch account. Below is a class schedule that will clarify when grandparents/significant family member or friend are to have lunch and shop at the book fair with their student. There will also be a nice selection of Middle School books for sale. You can also SHOP ONLINE.
- Please note – Grand Day guests need to arrive prior to their scheduled times to check in with the office.
- Kindergarten Times – For kindergarten classrooms only, book fair shopping will take place PRIOR to their lunchtime.
PLEASE RSVP IF YOU HAVE A “GRAND” attending. Please download and print. ATTENDING GRAND DAY
- Murch – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Jensen – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Fortelka – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Jeanjaquet – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Middle School – Lunchtime: 11:25 to 12:00 Shopping: 12:00 to 12:30
- Dome – Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Solomon – Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Skinner – Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Young – Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Johnson – Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 130
- Heintz – Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 1:30
- Grassnick – Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
- Schmit – Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
State testing results were handed out to parents during conferences. If you were not able to attend, please stop by the office to pick up your student’s results. They must be delivered straight to parents and may not be given to students.
We are having a food drive for the Elizabeth Food Bank beginning November 1st and ending
November 15th November 16th. We are so excited to see our students open up their hearts to help others less fortunate by encouraging them to bring in canned food items, cereal, and toiletries. The classroom who brings in the most wins a pizza party! We haven’t had many items donated. Let’s help our residents in Elbert County who are in need.
The month of November is a great month to remember what we are grateful for. There are so many things and people; including military personnel to be Thankful for. The Legacy Academy PTCO is collecting donations to create a Military Care Package for service men and women on a Navy ship near Japan.
Suggested items for the care package include tubes of chap-stick, peppermint (hard) candies, other hard candies, small packages of tissues, miniature Nerf blasters, travel games, and puzzle books. Please feel free to add any other small appropriate item to your donations (magazines, stationery, etc).
Please bring your donations for the Military Care Package to the Legacy Academy front office by November 30th and request that the items be placed in the collection box.
- Mrs. Jensen: ChapStick/Lip Balms
- Mrs. Murch: ChapStick/Lip Balms
- Ms. Jeanjaquet.: Packages of Hard Candy
- Mrs. Fortelka: Packages of Hard Candy Mrs. Dome
- Mrs. Solomon: Travel Size Packages of Tissues
- Ms. Skinner: Travel Size Packages of Tissues
- Ms. Young: Travel Size Packages of Tissues
- Mrs. Heintz: Miniature Nerf Blasters
- Ms. Johnson: Miniature Nerf Blasters
- Mrs. Grassnick: Puzzle Books (Crossword, Sudoku, Word Find)
- Mrs. Schmit: Puzzle Books (Crossword, Sudoku, Word Find)
- Middle School: Travel Games
- Homeschool: Any of the items listed above.
Any questions, please reach out to the PTCO at firstname.lastname@example.org.