Hello to all Parents and Staff of Legacy Academy. The time is fast approaching when you will be called upon to elect directors to the Legacy Academy Board. There are two open seats this year. Each seat is for a three-year term.
We are asking anyone interested in running for the board to submit a one-page biography. In that biography, we would like you to address the following questions:
• Family Background – please give a brief description of your family background, occupation, and interests.
• Education Philosophy – please describe your educational philosophy and how you see it fulfilling the vision of Legacy Academy.
• Mission Statement Interpretation – please describe your interpretation of Legacy Academy’s Mission Statement and how you envision a board member’s responsibility for implementing it.
- Commitment to Legacy Academy – please describe your understanding and commitment to Legacy Academy.
- All submissions are due by Monday, March 26, 2018, and should be submitted to Jessicca Marks at email@example.com.
Tuesday, March 13th
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, March 15th
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Spring Photo’s for all students, these photos are taken and then a proof is sent home to see if you are interested in purchasing. Props (for example a football/teddybear) are allowed!
Friday, March 16th-No School / Teacher Inservice
Spring Break March 19th-March 23rd
We wanted to remind you that everyone needs to have their carpool sign in their car to pick up your students. If you don’t, you will have to park and come into the office with your driver’s license. If you need more of number signs please call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make them more. This is for the safety of your child and in case the usual carpool ladies, who know them, are not doing carpool.
Monday, March 5th
- Eighth-grade Parent Night at Elizabeth High School 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Friday, March 9th
- Middle School Dress of Choice.
- All School Dress in Red for Jump for Heart/No Fee
- Jump for Heart kindergarten through fifth grade, please make sure students have shoes and clothing that are easy to jump in.
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Jump Rope for Heart is in full swing, last year we raised $7,809.00. Our GOAL this year is to raise $8,809and if we reach our goal, we will earn $500 to purchase new PE equipment!! If you haven’t joined the Scare Squad yet, what are you waiting for?! The EASIEST way to raise donations is connecting JRFH to your social media account and sending emails/texts! Log onto www.heart.org/jump JRFH-Donate $40 online and receive all 3 monsters instantly! And check out where our FINAL grade level leaderboard stands!!
Congrats to 2nd grade who is in 1st place!
Here’s how each grade is doing helping others with sick hearts:
- 1st place goes to 2nd grade with 12 kids raising $970!
- 2nd place is 1st grade with 7 kids raising $805!
- 3rd place is Kindergarten with 7 students raising $755!
Stay tuned to see which grade takes the lead next week! Log onto www.heart.org/jump JRFH-Donate $40 online and receive all 3 monsters instantly!
Friday, March 2nd
- School Spirit Dress of Choice $2.00
- Eighth-grade field trip to Pikes Peak Community College
Yearbooks can be ordered online or look for an order form in Monday folders. When you order online, make sure to choose LEGACY ACADEMY in Elizabeth, Colorado and not the school in Florida. The cost is $25 and all orders are due by February 28th. ORDER ONLINE.
Thursday, February 22nd
- Elementary ROAR Assembly in the gymnasium at 8:15am
Friday, February 23rd
- Father/Daughter Dance 6:00 pm in the gymnasium. We hope your daughters and dads are as excited about the Masquerade Ball as we are! Please email with any questions or concerns at email@example.com. If you have signed up to bring in donations, please be sure to drop them off at the front desk no later than Tuesday. Pre-pay by Tuesday to save time waiting in lines. MASQUERADE 2018 – Invitation