We will be open on Tuesdays during the summer months from 9 am till 1 pm. If you call the office, please leave a message and we will return your call on the following Tuesday. We will be closed during the week of July 4th. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and someone will get back to you.
Have a great summer.
There are a small number of yearbooks available to purchase for $25. Please stop by the front desk.
Monday, May 20
- Eighth-grade graduation practice 8:00 am to 11:00 am in the gymnasium (Note Early Dismissal!).
- Fourth-grade field trip to The Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
- Eighth- grade graduation at 6:00 pm in the gymnasium
- Eighth graders are to arrive at 5:00 pm sharp and report directly to Mrs. Murch’s classroom.
Tuesday, May 21
- Eighth-grade End of The Year Field Trip to Elitch Gardens, eighth-grade students do not return after this day.
- A night with First-grade 5:30 pm in the gymnasium
Wednesday, May 22
- Middle School fourth quarter Honor Roll Dessert Bar in the cafeteria 2:30 pm
Thursday, May 23
- Half Day of School All Students are dismissed at 12:00 pm
- Elementary ROAR Assembly in the gymnasium at 8:15 am in the cafeteria.
- Fifth-grade Continuation Ceremony in the gymnasium at 9:30 am
Wishing everyone a fun-filled relaxing summer!
See you in the fall!
- 8/16/2019 6th Grade Orientation Noon to 3:15
- 8/19/2019 1st Day for Middle School
- 8/20/2019 1st Day for K-5th grade
From: The Legacy Academy Election Committee.
On April 26, 2019, Legacy Academy had it’s annual election for the open Board of Directors seats. There were two open seats and six candidates. Voter turnout was consistent with previous years.
The voting was concluded at 7pm. The locked box of votes was then brought into an office where the votes are tallied by the Election Committee Chairman. The Principal and the Board President were in attendance to assure accuracy. After the first tally, the votes are counted a second time by both the principal and the board president. If there’s a discrepancy in the results, the votes are then recounted two more times. Once the number of votes for each candidate is agreed upon by the three attendees, the candidate(s) are then called by the Board President and informed of the results.
Legacy Board of Director’s vote tallies, 2019
Total ballots cast: 116 (several ballots voted for only one candidate instead of two)
- Mindy Kashner – 79
- Matt Fonte – 74
- Scott Walter – 25
- Kathy Jaffee – 20
- Eric Haigh – 19
- Rhonda Kilduff – 10
For 2019, there were two positions open for election. The two candidates with the highest vote totals were Matt Fonte and Mindy Kashner. The term for the elected seats begins as of the June business meeting of Legacy’s Board.
The election committee thanks the other four candidates for their interest in helping Legacy continue to be a great school of choice.
In addition, The election committee would like to thank Mrs. Kim Baum for her years of service. Being a board member of a charter school is both exciting and exhausting. Mrs. Baum was an exceptional part of an exceptional board.
No more reloading your gift cards! King Soopers has dropped that program and has begun an easier program called the Community Rewards Program. If you have a King Soopers Loyalty Card or Number, all you need to do is connect it to our EEF Non-Profit Organization name or number: Elizabeth Education Foundation or TY307
How to Connect Your Card to Us:
1- Go to http://www.kingsoopers.com
2- Go to “sign in” (upper right-hand corner)
3- Either sign in or create a King Soopers account if you don’t already have one. (At the bottom under “New to King Soopers? Create an account.”)
4- Once logged in, on the left side choose Community Rewards and search for us: ELIZABETH EDUCATION FOUNDATION or TY307 – and choose us.
King Soopers is allocating $2.5 million every quarter; the contribution to us is based on the percentage of how much we as EEF supporters spend compared to other organizations enrolled. If you do not have a Loyalty Card and would like one, please stop by your store’s customer service desk to receive one. Then you can connect it to our account.
Remember, all funds raised go back to our students and teachers through scholarships, teacher grants, and the Students Taking Accountability and Responsibility Seriously (STARS) banquet.
On our last day at Legacy Academy, the 8th graders would like to shout out a BIG thank you to the Legacy community for all of your support of our recent trip to DC, Philly, and NYC. Thanks for buying so many baked goods, breakfast burritos, Nerf night and movie night concessions, and lots and lots of Dominos pizza! We had a very memorable trip and are grateful to all of you for helping us get there! AND, a very special thank you to Mr. Bruner for organizing the trip…and surviving all of us for a whole week!
School Supplies for 2019/20
Our PTCO has partnered with 1st Day School Supply
and is providing parents the opportunity to purchase a school supply kit online
and supplies will be delivered to the classroom. Online orders are due on June 30th. You are not obligated to buy this kit. If you want to buy supplies on your own, here is the list. School Supplies 2019-20.
Run Wild Fund Run – 5K Run to Support Local Youth
- Date: May 18th, 2019
- Time: 8:00AM Race Start Time
- Location: Legacy Academy’s East Lot with the route going through Wild Pointe neighborhood
- $25 entry fee and includes Race t-shirt and medals for top runnersRegister at www.runwild.racewire.com
- A portion of the proceeds will support Legacy Academy.