Dear Legacy Academy Family,
We hope everyone has plans for a wonderful Christmas break! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are all looking forward to the second half of our school year. Your children are the best part of our day.
In honor of the holidays, please know that our administration, faculty, and staff might not respond to e-mail’s from Friday, December 21, 2018, through Sunday, January 6, 2019. Thank you for your understanding.
Mark your calendars now for parent/teacher conferences and registration on Thursday, February 14, 2019, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Friday, February 15, 2019, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
The parent survey has been sent to you and your input is valuable to us and we would love to hear from you. All submissions go directly to the Board of Directors. Submissions are due January 17th.
Online registration for our current families will begin soon. You will be sent an email link to complete the form and submissions will be due on February 15th.
Character Attribute for January: Integrity
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the year. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please email Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves. This does not have to be completed during school hours.
- Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Help Clean-up the property! You can make this volunteer opportunity a family affair! Bring the whole family, some trash bags and gloves and help clean-up the Legacy Academy property. Each hour that each family member cleans counts towards your hours. This does not have to be completed during school hours.
- We are looking for someone with a truck or trailer to pick up ice melt and deliver it back to the school, we usually order 50 30 pound bags. If you have the ability to do this job please e-mail email@example.com.
- Having difficulty getting your volunteer hours completed during the school year? We are looking for someone to adopt the project to get our middle school outside lunch area trimmed and cleaned up before school starts in the fall of 2019. If you want to complete your hours for the school year and adopt this project, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, December 20
- Christmas Dress Day/or Ugly Christmas Sweater – NO FEE/ Students are allowed to dress in Christmas colors/attire for no fee as a Christmas gift from our Administration Staff.
- All school Christmas parties 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Christmas Break December 21, 2018, through January 6, 2019
Monday, January 7
- Welcome Back! The first day of the second semester.
Tuesday, January 8
PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided).Moved to January 15th
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, January 10
- ROAR Assembly 8:15
- Kindergarten Round-Up 5:00 pm Come to see the Kindergarten classrooms, meet our teachers, and connect with other Kindergarten families. If you have a kindergartner who may be enrolled at Legacy in 2019/20.
- All School Tour 6:00 pm If you have a friend or family member interested in our school, please extend an invitation to join us for this all school tour.
Friday, January 11
- Middle School Dress of Choice Only. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Middle School Honor Roll for second quarter dessert bar in the cafeteria 2:30 pm.
Tuesday, January 15
- PTCO General Meeting in art room at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided). (rescheduled from January 8th)
Wednesday, January 16
- First-grade field trip to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Thursday, January 17
- Parent Survey Due
Friday, January 18
- No School – Teacher In-Service
Monday, January 21
- No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day Observed
Friday, January 25
- All school “Dress of Choice” students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please email LABOD@legacyk8.org.