Friday, August 25, 2017, Picture Day! We will start out taking school picture earlier this year. This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Monday, September 11, 2017 – Patriot Day Observation 8:00 am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve our country in the armed services, also firemen and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service-oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC etc. on this day. We are in need of brunch items. Donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours! Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, See You at The Pole 7:00 am. This is a student-led prayer time around the flag pole. This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Important information regarding Sixth-graders! If you have a student entering sixth grade they will now have the opportunity to play sports. All students participating in sports are required to have a current physical examination.
Volunteer Opportunities – We have some immediate volunteer opportunities that can be done at any time and your children can be with you. Volunteer hours include your time, gas, and equipment use.
- Weed whacking around playgrounds
- Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves.
- If you are interested in with a plumbing/electrical project for volunteer time, we need your help.
If you can help, please e-mail email@example.com. Remember to record your hours at helpcounter.net using your email.
Volunteering at Legacy– Legacy Academy relies on parental involvement to ensure smooth daily operations. Each family is expected to donate a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer time per year (4 hours per month); single parents, a minimum of 20 hours per year (2 hours per month). Each family also has the option of giving $10 to the school in lieu of one volunteer hour. Volunteer hours will be prorated for those families enrolling during the school year. All volunteers who work with students must complete a background check and pay $7 to the front office to cover the cost. Submitting the background check information will count towards 1 hour of volunteer time. BACKGROUND CHECK
VOLUNTEER SURVEY – Please fill this out so that we can contact you if we have specific volunteer needs and also let us know where you would like to volunteer at Legacy. We appreciate all of your help.
- Free & reduced lunch applications are located at the following link free & reduced lunch application.
- School lunch menu can be viewed on our website.
- All checks for lunch can be sent with your student and made out to Elizabeth Food Service. If you have more than one student, please write each student’s name and teacher in the memo and how you would like the money allocated. We are asking if you send cash that you would send it in an envelope with your child’s first/last name and grade on it. Please remember, if you are running late and your student will arrive after 8:15, you need to call the office to order a hot lunch.
- Medical/Birth Certificates /Immunizations/Physical – Please drop off any of the following if you have not already provided them. If your student takes medications at school, please have medication in the proper container with the pharmacy label. You will also need to have the proper form signed by you and your doctor. If you are new to the school and have a student who will require medication during the school day, please stop by to discuss and pick up the proper forms.
- Parent Portal Password/Registration Fees – Registration fees can be paid at the front desk with cash, check or credit card. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your parent portal password. Please include an 8 character password that you have picked (must include one capital, one character and or number) and your name within the email. Please allow two weeks for a response.
- Partial Uniform Sale. PTCO will be in the front lobby to sell hoodies, sweatshirts (some take up to a month to get in so please put your order in in case your child needs it to be in uniform), as well as the middle school physical education uniforms, sweatpants, and sweatshirts.
Tuesday, August 22
- School for Middle School Students Only (6th through 8th grade) No School for Elementary Students (Kindergarten through Fifth grade). Elementary assessment testing. This testing is scheduled by the teacher via e-mail or a phone call and by appointment only. Parents do not have to initiate the appointment.
Wednesday, August 23
- First Day of School Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- PTCO Tears and Cheers 8:15 am in the cafeteria. Come cry or celebrate over your child (rens) entry or return to school. Refreshments served, Kleenex provided!
Friday, August 25
- All School Dress of Choice
- All School Picture Day! This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Friday, September 1 ~ No School/Teacher In-service
Friday, September 4 ~ No School! Labor Day!