Dear Legacy Academy Parents,
Welcome back from summer break! We hope that you and your student(s) are feeling ready to settle in for the 2018/19 school year. We have had a great start to a new school year, and we wish to thank you for entrusting your children to us.
Please review the calendar carefully, there are several very important dates coming up. Please remember that you are always welcome to call our office with any questions or concerns, or reach out to our office team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to help!
No School on Friday, August 31, 2018 (staff training)
No School on Monday, September 03, 2018 (Labor Day)
Some residents of Wild Pointe Ranch, the neighborhood behind Legacy Academy, are asking if our families can assist with the traffic created by the daily school schedule. The primary areas of concern are the cars blocking traffic on Legacy Trail, and parking on both sides of the street while waiting during afternoon carpool.
When there are cars on both sides of the street it inhibits the traffic flow in and out of the neighborhood as only a single lane is usable. While you are waiting for Legacy’s carpool, please pull off onto the shoulder whenever possible to provide space for traffic to move past the carpool line.
Parents have also been parking in the mailbox spaces where residents of the neighborhood need to park to collect their mail. Please avoid using these spaces before and after school to leave them open for the residents of Wild Pointe.
Please be considerate of our neighbors and pay careful attention when you are navigating Legacy’s carpool system to avoid frustrating them? Thank you for your cooperation!
Carpool and permission to walk:
Students must have an official “permission for walking home” form on file in the office to do so. You can find the form to download and sign here. Please fill out and have your student/yourself return to the office.
Everyone must use their official carpool number/sign, (this means made in our office with the official Legacy Academy logo). We will not allow individuals to give only a name or handwritten carpool numbers to members of our carpool team. As of Thursday, August 30, 2018, if you do not have the official carpool sign, we will require you to come into the office with your driver’s license to retrieve your child(ren). This is for the safety of all children at Legacy Academy. Please call the office if you need carpool number, and be prepared to give your number and the color you will need (green for front door pickup and red for backdoor pickup).
Before and After Care:
Did you know that we have a Before and Aftercare program? Children can be dropped off as early as 6:30am and may stay as late as 6:00pm. Children must be pre-registered, and please note that this is a fee-based program.
Please contact Ms. Mollie at email@example.com or call (303) 912-5335.
Patriot Day Observation:
Please mark your calendar for our Patriot Day Observation at 8:00 am in the gymnasium on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. You are encouraged to invite all friends and family who currently serve or have served our country in the armed services, or who assist in our communities as firefighters, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to join our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC, etc. on this day.
We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name.
Please remember, students needing a hot lunch must place an order by 8:30 am each day. Make checks payable to “Elizabeth Lunch Program” for lunch accounts, and add the name(s) of your student in the memo along with their grade. If students are bringing in cash they need to have their money in an envelope with their name grade and teacher on the outside.
Student meals cost $3.50, students who want seconds on their entree are charged an additional $2.00 per meal. Adult meals are $4.00 and milk is .50.
More information about our lunch program and free and reduced lunch applications can be filled out at ??? Parents who qualified for the program have until Friday, September 14, 2018, to reapply without losing benefits. Pay On-line at www.payforit.net. For questions about your student’s lunch account please call Cathy Breaux 303-646-2636 ext. 1035
The cafeteria will start selling ice cream on (Fridays Only) beginning September 14, 2018. Students are not able to charge this purchase to their lunch account. They must have one dollar cash or change.
- Wednesday, September 5th CogAT
- September 4th through September 7th NWEA & MAP
Upcoming Winter Spelling Bee for grades 4th through 8th:
- If you have a student who is a great speller or interested in becoming one, please e-mail our spelling Bee coordinator Mrs. Kristen Crookshanks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We are still looking for donations of brunch items to feed all of our community service workers for our Patriot Day Observation on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. We could use fully cooked/still warm egg and meat dishes, fruit platters, bacon in a crock pot (fully cooked). All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. We will pick up items during carpool on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, so you or your student does not have to worry about getting the items into the school. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name. Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help at email@example.com.
- We also need about 5 people to arrive at 7:30 am to help with set-up, and two more people to help with clean-up, at about 9:00 am. Please e-mail Ms. Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with this special event.
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteers taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the fall. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com.
- Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for the Wednesday, October 3, 2018, from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm. We can use up to ten volunteers a day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email Catie.Hayes@legacyk8.org
- Having trouble getting opportunities to volunteer at school? Make a cash donation to our ROAR awards program. Just send a check to the office and mark ROAR in the memo. Every ten dollars counts as one hour and goes to an excellent cause. See below.
- Kindergarten Donations for volunteer time: Kindergarten is looking for donations of Lego sets and or individual pieces. Train sets of any kind. Please make arrangement to donate with Cymber Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up on our website for Help Counter to register your volunteer hours at HelpCounter.net. Look for volunteer information under the school resources tab. Log volunteer time through the PTCO page (look in “about Legacy”).
This school year Legacy Academy is continuing our focus on building positive character traits. School-wide the students are asked to R.O.A.R. This means students are asked to be Respectful, On Task, Appropriate and Responsible. Students who show R.O.A.R behaviors are awarded an R.O.A.R Award. Then twelve R.O.A.R awards are drawn every month and those students will have ice cream with the Administration team.
In addition to R.O.A.R. awards, our students are actively learning about Character Traits. There is a monthly ROAR assembly for grades Kindergarten through fourth grade it is usually the first Monday of every month at 8:15 am in the cafeteria. Parents can attend but it is usually standing room only. The first one in September is on the fourth due to the fact we are out of school for Labor Day. The Character Trait schedule is as follows:
- Respect- October
- Compassion- November
- Empathy- December
- Integrity- January
- Honesty- February
- Cooperation- March
Dress of Choice/Uniform Information:
Middle School and fifth-grade students are able to wear jeans every Friday as long as they wear a logo shirt from a Legacy Academy sponsored club, sports team or if they purchase a Legacy Academy polo with an embroidered Legacy Academy logo. These can be purchased through Educational Outfitters or your student may get an order form at the office. Jeans may be worn with one of these shirts every Friday throughout the school year, but the shirts must be acquired through the Legacy Academy office (from Educational Outfitters) or adult sized shirts can be purchased on our online store. Educational Outfitters located at 8170 South University Blvd Suite #250 Centennial, CO 801222 Monday–Friday 10-6 Saturday 10-3 Closed Sundays. denver.educationaloutfitters.com phone:720-200-6666
Wednesday, August 29th
- Legacy Computer lab 5:00 pm-5:30 pm
- Parent meeting for middle school boys soccer 4:45 pm – 5:15 pm
- Parent meeting for middle school girls volleyball 4:45 pm – 5:15 pm
Thursday, August 30th
- Fifth Grade Community Challenge Field Trip. 5th-grade students will travel by bus to Casey Jones Park in Elizabeth, CO to join other fifth graders in the district.
- Middle School Coed X-Country Camp and Try-Outs 3:45 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Fall Athletic Middle School Parent Meeting (Coed X-Country) 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
Friday, August 31st ~ No School/Teacher Inservice
Monday, September 3rd ~ Labor Day/No School
Tuesday, September 4th
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:30 am in the cafeteria.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00 pm in the cafeteria. Students who won the drawing award for ROAR receive ice cream with the administration.
Wednesday, September 5th
- Mandatory 8th-grade parent meeting for DC/New York/Phi at 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm in Mr. Bruner’s Room, room 107 (third classroom on the left down the middle school hall).
Thursday, September 6th
(Rain Date) Fifth Grade Community Challenge Field Trip. 5th-grade students will travel by bus to Casey Jones Park in Elizabeth, CO to join other fifth graders in the district.
Monday, September 10th
- Monday Minecraft first session begins 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Computer lab. Must have signed a permission slip to attend.
Parent meeting for Girls Cheerleading at 6:00 pm in the cafeteria. If you have a middle school girl interested in cheering for the girls and boys basketball season, please plan on attending this meeting. If you cheered last year and want to continue, please make sure you bring your bag, shoes and full uniform to this meeting.
Tuesday, September 11
- Patriot Day Observation 8:00 am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve or have served our country in the armed services, firemen, and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC, etc. on this day. We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with the first and last name.
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30 pm in Mrs. Baird’s art room. Free Childcare provided for PTCO meeting only.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the computer lab.
Wednesday, September 12
- Wednesday Minecraft first session begins 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm Computer lab. Must have a signed permission slip to attend.
Friday, September 14
- Middle School Dress of Choice Only. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Ice cream can be purchased for $1.00 cash or change at lunchtime.
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Monday, September 17 Cancelled
Middle School Girls Cheer Uniform Fitting 6:00 pm in the Cafeteria.
Friday, September 21
- Dress In Bronco Colors $2.00 Students can pay two dollars and dress in their orange and blue to support The Denver Broncos. Students can wear jeans, no uniforms required if students participate.
Wednesday, September 26
- See You at The Pole, 7:00 am This is a student lead prayer time around the flagpole that is a global activity. Students and parents, please bring a breakfast item to share and come to the cafeteria for a quick breakfast at 7:00 am and then gather around the flagpole at 7:15 am to pray for their school, friends, churches, and community.
Friday, September 28
- All school “Dress of Choice” School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- All Middle School Field Trip to Elizabeth Homecoming Parade 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Picture Retakes and Fall Sports Photographs/All School Dress of Choice. Students will have a chance to take their photograph if they missed initial picture day or retake a photo that was unsatisfactory. Please send back original photo if your child is going to retake. We will take sports team photo’s for Volleyball, Soccer, X-Country. Please make sure your student has their uniform as well as shoes and socks for the photograph.