It is so great to see the children of Legacy smiling their way through their school day. It is such a great honor to impact your children through education and character development. A huge “Thank You” to all of you who helped make our Patriot Day Observation a great success. The students are learning the important lessons of honoring those who care for us in our community as well as the privilege to live in America every day.
Fall is here and the weather changes from day-to-day. Please make sure your children have what they need to keep warm and remember to label everything!
No School: This month there is No School on Friday, October 11, 2019, and Monday, October 14, 2019.
Mark your calendars: Grand Day is on Friday, December 6th, from 9 am to 4 pm. Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents, parents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/child(ren). There will be more information in the November e-blast.
Legacy Online Store
Our online store will be accessible the 1st through the 15th of every month beginning October 1st. Hoodies and pe uniforms may be ordered at that time. Visit the Athletic page or the top of the Legacy home page to view the online store.
- Hearing and Vision Screening– Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for Wednesday, October 30th. We can use up to ten volunteers for the day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the fall. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please email Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com.
- We are hosting our Scholastic Book Fair scheduled for the week of Monday, December 2nd through Friday, December 6th. The book fair is a big job and many volunteers are needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Please put your younger children on the waitlist. Our waitlist is growing every day. Please make sure any siblings of students attending Legacy Academy are on our waitlist. It can be found at legacyk8.org under the Enrollment tab. Look for the link called “Intent to Enroll”. Or click here: WAITLIST
Character Attribute of the Month: Responsibility
Spelling Bee 4th-8th grade
There is a parent/student Spelling Bee info meeting on Thursday, October 3rd, in the STEAM room 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. Spelling Bee practice for students 4th through 8th grade begins Thursday, October 10th, 2019, 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm in the STEAM room and will be held every Thursday until the Spelling Bee scheduled for Wednesday, November 20th, 2019, in the cafeteria.
See You at the Pole 7 am
This is a student lead prayer time around the flagpole that is a global activity. Students and parents, please bring a breakfast item to share and come to the cafeteria for a quick breakfast at 7:00 am and then gather around the flagpole at 7:15 am to pray for their school, friends, churches, and community. Wednesday, September 25th
Friday, September 27th
- All school “Dress of Choice” Students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- All Middle School Field Trip to Elizabeth Homecoming Parade 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Wednesday, October 2nd
- Sixth grade departs for the Outdoor adventure trip to Estes Park.
Thursday, October 3rd
- Donut with Dad WatchDOGS program at 7:15 am in the cougar lab. WATCH D.O.G.S., a K-8th-grade program, invites fathers, grandfathers, uncles, or other father figures to volunteer at least one day all day at Legacy Academy during the school year. Fathers and father figures will have an opportunity to sign up to volunteer. WatchDOG dads and volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day including monitoring the school building and helping in the classroom with a teacher’s guidance.
- Spelling Bee Parent/Student information meeting for students 4th through 8th grade in the STEAM/Spelling Bee room 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. Bee permission slip
Friday, October 4th
- Middle School Dress of Choice Only. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Sixth-grade Outdoor Adventure Trip returns.
Monday, October 7th
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:15 am in the cafeteria.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:30 pm in the cafeteria. Students who won the drawing award for ROAR will receive a special treat to eat with the administration.
Tuesday, October 8th
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the computer lab.
Thursday, October 10th
- Hat Day Students can wear a hat as well as a dress of choice for $2.00.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm by appointment only. Teachers will send out an email to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classrooms. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Friday, October 11th
- No School/Fall Break /Parent-Teacher Conferences from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm by appointment only. Teachers will send out an email to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classrooms. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Monday, October 14th
Friday, October 25th
- All school “Dress of Choice” School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Picture Retakes and Fall Sports Photographs/All School Dress of Choice. Students will have a chance to take their photos if they missed the initial picture day or retake a photo that was unsatisfactory. Please send back the original photo if your child is going to retake. We will take sports team photos for Volleyball, Soccer and Cross Country. Please make sure your student has their uniform as well as shoes and socks for the photograph.
- Middle School Honor Roll dessert bar for the first quarter in the cafeteria at 2:30 pm
Wednesday, October 30th
- 4th GradeField Trip to the State Capitol / Colorado History Museum
- Hearing and Vision Screening for kindergarten through third, fifth, seventh grades and all students with I.E.P’s and 504’s. If your student wears glasses, contacts or hearing aids please make sure they have them.
Wednesday, October 31st