We here at Legacy Academy are so Thankful for a great community of students, parents, teachers, staff, and administration who are all focused on children and their success in school. Thank you so much for trusting your children to our care. It is a privilege and honor to participate in shaping our future leaders through great character and academic strength.
Elizabeth Education Foundation Elizabeth Education Foundation has been a fantastic organization for many years. They desperately need some new faces to keep things running. We are in need of parents, grandparents, or other family members. Mr. Naber would be happy to visit with any interested individuals about the organization.
We are having a food drive for the Elbert Task Force beginning November 1st and ending November 15th. We are so excited to see our students open up their hearts to help others less fortunate by encouraging them to bring in canned food items, cereal, and toiletries. The classroom who brings in the most wins a pizza party!
The character attribute for November is compassion.
Student Health This is the time of year when many treats are brought into the school. If your student has diet restrictions please provide an alternative snack to the classroom teacher, we don’t want anyone left out!
We want to make it a healthy winter for our students, so remember, if your student has had a temperature, has thrown up, or been on antibiotics for less than twenty-four hours, please keep them home.
Decorating for Christmas We are looking for a family who would take on the project of decorating our school for Christmas. We would make arrangements for you and your family to come in the building over Thanksgiving break. All decorations are provided. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Day There will be one Book Fair this year instead of two so please mark your calendar for November 28th thru November 30th, students can come as teachers allow. The fair is open to the public on Thursday, November 30, 2017, from 8:30 to 4:30. Don’t forget Grand Day is on Friday, December 1st. Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/special child (ren). If you are planning on attending and eating at our wonderful lunch buffet there will be an opportunity to preorder and pay two weeks in advance so we may have an accurate account of how much food to order. Order forms will be sent out in Monday folders two weeks before the event or can be printed off as an attachment to this e-mail. If you don’t want to order a lunch through our lunch program, please feel free to bring your own. If you are booked up during Book Fair week (or just want to keep shopping) be sure to visit the fair online. Check out the Book Fair link here . Online shopping starts Wednesday, November 22nd and stays open until Tuesday, December 5th. The online fair allows your child to send wish lists, inviting family and friends to participate in the Fair and offers an expanded book selection. All orders taken online will be shipped free to Legacy and delivered to your students’ classroom. Teachers will be invited to a “Sneak Peek” of the fair on November 28th thru November 30th to make out their classroom wish list, there will be a cart with their selections on it. If you purchase a book for the classroom you are able to count your purchase towards your volunteer time, each ten dollars spent counts as one hour. So when you visit, please make sure to check out the cart of their selected books. Students will also be previewing the fair to fill out their own wish list. The location of the fair will be in the Gymnasium. Below is a class schedule that will clarify when grandparents/significant family member or friend are to have lunch and shop at the fair. There will also be a nice selection of Middle School books for sale. Please note – “GRAND DAY GUESTS” NEED TO SHOW UP AT THE EARLIEST TIME LISTED FOR THEIR CLASSROOM TO HAVE LUNCH OR SHOP (WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
PLEASE RSVP IF YOU HAVE A “GRAND” attending. Please download and print. ATTENDING GRAND DAY
- Murch – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Jensen – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Fortelka – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Jeanjaquet- Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Middle School- Lunchtime: 11:25 to 12:00 Shopping: 12:00 to 12:30
- Dome- Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Solomon- Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Skinner- Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Young/Hettinga- Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Johnson- Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 130
- Heintz- Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 1:30
- Grassnick- Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
- Schmit- Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
Lost and Found Lost and Found will be donated at the end of the day on Thursday, December 21, 2017. Any lost and found items that have not been claimed before the end of the day on 12/21/17 will be donated to a charitable organization. Please mark your student’s name on their belongings!
Important Dates Please mark your calendars now, for our students upcoming Christmas programs.
- Fifth through Eighth grade Wednesday, December 6, 2017, 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Kindergarten through Fourth grade Thursday, December 7, 2017, 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the summer. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower).
- If you have the ability to work on commercial appliances we need your help!
- If you are a roofing contractor we have an opportunity for earning volunteer time.
- Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com
Tuesday, October 31 ~ Happy Halloween!
Wednesday, November 1 ~ Fun Run Prize Day!
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM Homeschool
- 9:30-10:30 AM K & 1st
- 10:30-11:30 AM 2nd & 3rd
- 11:30- 12:30 AM-PM 4th & 5th
- 1:00 – 1:30 AM 6th-8th
Friday, November 3 ~ Middle School Dress of Choice
Sunday, November 5 ~ Daylight Savings Time Move your clocks back an hour
Friday, November 10 ~ Veterans Day! Thank you for your service! We appreciate you!
- All School Dress of Choice
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00 pm in the cafeteria
- Middle School first quarter Dessert Bar 2:30 pm in the cafeteria
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Tuesday, November 14
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm
Thursday, November 16
Friday, November 17 ~ No School/ Teacher Inservice
Monday, November 20 – Friday, November 24 ~ Thanksgiving Break!
- Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Break!
Wednesday, November 29 ~ Dress in Western Attire (No Fee) (Book Fair Theme)
Thursday, November 30
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00 am
- The Book Fair is open to the public from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Friday, December 1
- Grand Day Grandparents/Significant other/Friends are invited to attend lunch with students and also shop at our book fair.