Dear Legacy Academy Family,
We hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas break! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are all looking forward to the second half of our school year. We are excited to teach your children!
In honor of the holidays, please know that our administration, faculty, and staff might not respond to e-mails from December 16, 2016, through January 2, 2017. Thank you for your understanding. Mark your calendars now for parent-teacher conferences and registration on Thursday, February 16, 2017, 4:00pm – 8:00pm and February 17, 2017, 8:00am – 12:00pm.
Your Letter of Commitment for the following school year has been sent out soon via email and will be due by January 12th. This Letter of Commitment is what holds your spot for the upcoming school year. We wanted to let you know that it is important that you return the form in a timely matter as we have a waitlist for many grade levels and continue have growth on the list.
National School of Choice Week Monday, January 23 ~ Friday, January 27
National School Choice Week provides an unprecedented opportunity every January to shine a positive spotlight on the need for effective education options for all children. Independently planned by a diverse and growing coalition of individuals, schools, and organizations, National School Choice Week features thousands of unique events and activities across the country. The week allows participants to advance their own messages of educational opportunity while uniting with like-minded groups and individuals across the country.
Participants in National School Choice believe that parents should be empowered to choose the best educational environments for their children. Supporters plan events that highlight a variety of school choice options — from traditional public schools to public charter schools, magnet schools, private schools, online learning, and homeschooling. National School Choice Week is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort. We welcome all Americans to get involved and have their voices heard!
We have a new uniform provider for our families: Educational Outfitters http://denver.educationaloutfitters.com/find-my-school/legacy-academy/
Middle School and fifth-grade students will soon be able to wear jeans every Friday as long as they wear a logo shirt from a Legacy Academy sponsored club, sports team or if they purchase a Legacy Academy polo with an embroidered Legacy Academy logo. These can be purchased through Educational Outfitters or your student may get an order form at the office. Jeans may be worn with one of these shirts every Friday throughout the school year, but the shirts MUST be acquired through the Legacy Academy office (from Educational Outfitters).
Donation of Lost and Found
December 16, 2016. Any lost and found items that have not been claimed before the end of the day on 12/16/16 will be donated to a charitable organization. Please mark your student’s name on their belongings!
Roofers & Construction help
We are looking for help with a roofing project as well as a construction project. The modular classroom (music room & teacher library) needs a new roof, skirting, and wheelchair ramp repair. If you could assist on a team with this type of project, please call Ms. Anne (303)646-2636.
Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three-month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
The character attribute for January is cooperation.
Monday, January 2~ No School
Tuesday, January 3
- All students return from break! Welcome back!
Friday, January 6
- Middle School Dress of Choice
Tuesday, January 10
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, January 12
- Donuts with Dad’s 7:00 am (location to be announced)
- Hat Day $2.00
- Legacy Academy Informational Tour 6:00 pm. If you have a friend interested in knowing about our school, please tell them about our tour.
Friday, January 13
No School/Teacher In-service
Monday, January 16
- No School/Martin Luther King Day
Tuesday, January 17
- PTCO Used Uniform Sale 2:30 pm ~ 6:00 pm in the cafeteria
Friday, January 20
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00 pm
- Nerf Night 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Monday, January 23 ~ Friday 27 National School of Choice Week! Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy!
Thursday, January 26
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00 am in gymnasium
Friday, January 27
- All School Dress of Choice
- 2nd quarter Middle School Dessert 2:30 pm cafeteria