Spring is here! We only have a little over seven weeks of school left to complete. Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy for your student’s education!
- Very Important! After April 30, 2017, students will not be allowed to charge hot lunch.
The time for our annual fundraiser is coming up quickly. We are very excited to be holding our Community Carnival Saturday, April 29, 2017, here at Legacy. We could use all the help we can get. What a fun way to get your volunteer hours in by helping out. If you would like to help coordinate, please feel free to contact Kathy Smith via email email@example.com.
Students third through eighth grade are on a testing schedule Tuesday, April 4, 2017, through Friday, April 7, 2017. Please make sure students have a good night sleep, a great breakfast, and are on time. Students who arrive after 8:15 am, will be held in the office until the first test is completed.
We love our volunteers! However, we are not allowed to have volunteers in the building during our testing window Tuesday, April 4, 2017, through Friday, April 7, 2017. Thank you for your understanding!
- We are looking for volunteers to help with our graduations on Friday, May 12 – Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30 pm, and Monday, May 15 Eighth Grade Graduation at 6:00 pm.
- Summer Mowing & Weed Whacking. We are putting together a team for summer lawn care. We will need to mow and weed whack the property three times over the summer.
- Carnival Cake Walk Help Needed Cake-walk sign up here
- We also need volunteers to help make the carnival amazing Volunteer Sign-Up
- Friday, May 12 Kindergarten Graduation 5:30 pm
- Monday, May 15 Eighth Grade Graduation 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 16 Night with First grade 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 18 Fifth grade continuation 9:30 am
Friendly Reminder: If your student is out sick and has a doctor’s visit, please have the Dr. fill out a note to give to the school so we can make a note of it in attendance and add it to their file.
Tuesday, April 4 ~ Second Grade field trip to Jungle Book Encore. Please make sure to send a sack lunch with your second grader!
Friday, April 7
- Jump for Heart Dress of Choice (No Fee). This is a reward for all Legacy Academy students for raising over $7,000.00 for Jump for Heart! Students who won a t-shirt from Jump for Heart are encouraged to wear it!
- Middle School Third Quarter Honor Roll Dessert Bar 2:30 pm cafeteria
- Nerf Night 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Tuesday, April 11
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, April 13
- Fifth Grade In-House Cave Field Trip
Friday, April 14
- Middle School Dress of Choice
Sunday, April 16 ~ Happy Easter!
Thursday, April 20
- Dress in Colorado Rockies in support of “Breaking Barriers”/No Fee
- School Board Elections, please stop by the school between the hours of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Seventh-grade field trip to Manitou Springs
- Fifth through Seventh-grade “Girls Night Out” field trip to Bowlmor.
Friday, April 21 ~ Teacher Inservice/No School
Wednesday, April 26 ~ An author, Linda Reincke will be in the building to read to students K- 5th. She will have books available to purchase, more information to follow.
Thursday, April 27
- Dress like Carnival/No Fee
- Elementary Roar Assembly 8:15 am
- Mr. Naber kisses the pig assembly at 2:30 pm in the gymnasium
Friday, April 28 ~ All School Dress of Choice
Saturday, April 29 ~ School Carnival & Reunion 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday, April 30 ~ Eighth grade depart for DC/Philadelphia/New York Trip!