Monday, May 21st
- Eighth-Grade Graduation Rehearsal 8:00 am to 10:00 am (Note early dismissal!)
- Eighth-Grade Graduation at 6:00 pm in the Gymnasium.
- Eighth graders are to arrive at 5:00 pm sharp and report directly to Mrs. Murch’s classroom
Tuesday, May 22nd
- Eighth-grade End of The Year Field Trip to Elitch Gardens, eighth-grade students do not return after this day
- Fourth-grade Field Trip to Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Sixth & Seventh-grade trip to Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- A Night with First-grade 6:00 pm in the gymnasium
Thursday, May 24th
- Half Day of School-All Students are dismissed at 12:00 pm
- Elementary ROAR Assembly in the gymnasium at 8:05 am in the gymnasium
- Fifth-grade Continuation in the gymnasium at 9:30 am
School Supply List 2018-19 (use this list if you did not purchase a supply kit)
- August 17, 2018, Noon to 3:15 6th Grade Orientation
- August 21, 2018, 1st day of School for Middle School
- August 22, 2018, All students attend (1st day for Kinder through 5th grade)
Have a Wonderful Safe summer! See you in the fall! Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy!
Please make sure to stop by the school and check the lost and found area for anything you may be missing. All unclaimed items will be donated.
As we all know summer is a time for fun, relaxation and good times. It is also a time when many students lose some of the growth they gained from the year before. Whether you are looking to maintain your child’s skills, get ahead for the next school year, or try and close a gap they may have, summer tutoring may be the answer. I am tutoring all grades for k-8 this summer. I have over 16 years of tutoring experience and I am offering my services for Legacy students and other community members (If you know someone who wants tutoring and does not attend this school please let me know as well). The fee is $40 an hour or if you can assemble a group of two or more (does not need to be the same grade) it is $30 an hour (per child). My schedule is limited to one day a week. Please let me know ASAP of your interest as times fill up fast or any questions you may have.
Heather Fortelka M.S. Ed
In the event of dangerous weather conditions during carpool, we want parents to be aware of the school’s protocol to ensure the safety of our staff and students. In the case of lighting, hail or tornado warnings, we will keep everyone inside the building until the danger passes which will delay carpool. Please remember that we wish to keep your children safe and we ask for your understanding and patience during these times.
Our office is open in the summer on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm with the exception of Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need assistance or you may call (303) 646-2636 and someone will return your call on Tuesdays.
Yearbooks – Limited Copies Available
In case you didn’t get a chance to order, we have a very limited supply of yearbooks available for purchase at the front desk. They are $25 each.
Tuesday, May 15th
- First-grade field trip to the Denver Zoo
- Tentative Middle School Character Education Party to Boondocks
Thursday, May 17th
- Second-grade field trip to 4-Mile Historic Park
Friday, May 18th
- 6th & 7th Grade Permission Slip due. Please email email@example.com if you did not receive.
- All School Dress of Choice
- Kindergarten Play Day 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Note early dismissal!). Students do not return after this day.
- Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30 pm in the Gymnasium
Important Dates to Remember:
- Friday, May 18th Kindergarten Graduation 5:30 pm *
- Monday, May 21st Eighth-Grade Graduation 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd Night with First-Grade 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 24th Fifth-Grade continuation 9:30 am
* (Note Early Dismissal!) Please remember Kindergarten has a shortened schedule on Kindergarten Play Day. Kindergarten Students do not return after this day.
We are accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year. The positions are as follows:
- Substitute Paraprofessionals
- Substitute Teachers (K-8)
- Legacy Homeschool Licensed Teachers or Highly Qualified Individuals (Bachelors Degree) interested in working one day a week-Fridays.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Office Hours
Our office is open in the summer on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm with the exception of Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
Greetings to the Students and Family of Legacy Academy!