We are so thankful for a great community of students, parents, teachers, staff, and administration who are all focused on children and their success in school. Thank you so much for trusting your children to our care. It is a privilege and honor to participate in shaping our future leaders through great character and academic strength. We would also like to thank you for your patience with the re-configuring of carpool, we know it is a challenge for all. It will be well worth it with the additional space in the new building. Thank you for your continued support, we are so excited about our future!
The character attribute for November is compassion.
Late Start and School Closure Procedures
An automatic communication system will be used to notify parents of a delayed start or school cancellation. Television will also announce a late start or cancellation for Legacy Academy. There will not be staff available for supervision and Legacy Academy can not be responsible for unattended students dropped off prior to delayed start times on a late start or on a school closure day. During severe weather, the automated communication system may also be used. You may also keep your TV on for announcements regarding emergency school closings or delayed openings. Announcements are made on Denver television stations and their associated websites. The first broadcast is made between 6:00 am and 6:30 am and periodically thereafter until 9:00 am. Legacy Academy will be listed separately from Elizabeth Schools.
Middle School Eligibility
The Infinite Campus eligibility report will be submitted on Mondays by 10:00 am. Students should plan to turn in any/all missing or late work no later than Friday morning for the following week’s eligibility report. The first official report will be run after two weeks of grades (ie: beginning after the second week of each marking period). Two D’s or one F will result in a student being ineligible for sports and other extracurricular activities for one week beginning Monday through the next Monday. Parents of ineligible students will be notified weekly through a phone call/text or email on Mondays.
Thank you to all who volunteered and help make our hearing and vision screening possible.
This is the time of year when many treats are brought into the school. If your student has diet restrictions please provide an alternative snack to the classroom teacher, we don’t want anyone left out!
We want to make it a healthy winter for our students, so remember, if your student has had a temperature, has thrown up, or been on antibiotics for less than twenty-four hours, please keep them home.
This year’s Book Fair is scheduled Dec. 2nd through De. 6th, students can come as teachers allow. The fair is open to the public on Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00am to 4:00 pm as well as Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Don’t forget Grand Day is on Friday, December 6, 2019, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents, parents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/child(ren). If you are planning on attending and eating at our wonderful lunch buffet there will be an opportunity to preorder and pay in advance so we may have an accurate account of how much food to order. Order forms will be sent out in the Monday folders a few weeks before the event or can be printed off by using this link- Grand Day 2019. If you don’t want to order lunch through our lunch program, please feel free to bring your own. We do ask that you fill out the form either way so we can get a tentative count of our guests attending. Forms must be filled out and returned by Friday, Nov. 8, 2019.
If you are “booked” up during Book Fair week (or just want to keep shopping) be sure to visit the fair online. Check out the Scholastic Book Fair link. Online shopping starts Wednesday, Nov. 27th and stays open until Tuesday, Dec. 10th. The online fair allows your child to send wish lists, invite family and friends to participate in the Fair and offer an expanded book selection. All orders taken online will be shipped free to Legacy and delivered to your students’ classroom. Scholastic is now offering an e-wallet option for families. This allows grandparents/parents, family, etc. to set up an e-wallet for their student. When you click on our Book Fair Link there is a section on the lower left-hand corner that explains how to set up an e-wallet. This is a fabulous new feature. The children don’t have to bring money with them because it will already be there. At the end of the fair, any monies still on their credit card will be returned to you. The e-wallet can be set up between Nov. 18th – Dec. 6th. The sneak peek dates are Dec. 3rd and 4th.
Teachers are also invited to a “Sneak Peek” of the fair on Dec. 3rd through Dec. 4th to make out their classroom wish list. There will be a cart with their selections on it. If you purchase a book for the classroom you are able to count your purchase towards your volunteer time, every ten dollars spent counts as one hour of volunteer time. You will need to record your own volunteer time. Students will also be previewing the fair to fill out their own wish list. We will also have a nice selection of Middle School books for sale. The location of the fair will be in the Gymnasium. Below is a class schedule that will clarify when grandparents/significant family member or friend is to have lunch and shop at the fair. We will have you check-in and help you meet up with your student.
Please note – “GRAND DAY GUESTS” NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE EARLIEST TIME LISTED FOR THEIR CLASSROOM TO HAVE LUNCH OR SHOP (WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
Teacher Lunch/ Bookfair/ Shopping Schedule
- Murch Lunch 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping 10:15 to 10:45
- Miller Lunch 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping 10:15 to 10:45
- Fortelka Lunch 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping 11:30 to 12:00
- Jeanjaquet Lunch 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping 11:30 to 12:00
- Middle School Lunch 11:35 to 12:00 Shopping 10:45 to 11:15
- Dome Lunch 12:05 to 12:30 Shopping 12:30 to 1:00
- Solomon Lunch 12:05 to 12:30 Shopping 12:30 to 1:00
- Skinner Lunch 12:35 to 1:00 Shopping 1:00 to 1:30
- Young Lunch 12:35 to 1:00 Shopping 1:00 to 1:30
- Johnson Lunch 12:15 to 12:40 Shopping 11:45 to 12:15
- Heintz Lunch 12:15 to 12:40 Shopping 11:45 to 12:15
- Grassnick Lunch 12:45 to 1:10 Shopping 12:00 to 12:30
- Schmit Lunch 12:45 to 1:10 Shopping 12:00 to 12:30
Lost and Found
Lost and Found will be donated at the end of the day on Friday, December 20, 2019. Any lost and found items that have not been claimed before the end of the day on 12/20/19 will be donated to a charitable organization. Please mark your student’s name on their belongings!
Please mark your calendars now, for our student’s upcoming Christmas programs.
- Fourth, Fifth grade, Choir, and beginning/ continuing band will perform Tuesday, December 17, 2019, from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Kindergarten through Third grade Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
We are hosting our Scholastic book fair scheduled for the week of Monday, December 2nd through Friday, December 6th. The book fair is a big job and many volunteers are needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Tuesday, October 29th
- LA Governing Board Meeting (Work Session) at 6:30 pm in the conference room.
Wednesday, October 30th
- 4th GradeField Trip to the State Capitol / Colorado History Museum
- Hearing and Vision Screening for kindergarten through third, fifth, seventh grades and all students with I.E.P’s and 504’s. If your student wears glasses, contacts or hearing aids please make sure they have them.
Thursday, October 31st
- Happy Halloween!
Friday, November 1st
- Please join the Legacy Academy Community in our groundbreaking ceremony at 4:00 pm. Join us at the ceremony to mark the celebration of the construction of our new building!
Sunday, November 3rd
- Daylight Savings Time! Move your clocks back an hour
Monday, November 4th
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:15 am in the cafeteria.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:30 pm in the cafeteria. Students who won the drawing award for ROAR will receive a special treat to eat with the administration.
Friday, November 8th
- Middle School Dress of Choice Only. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Third-grade field trip to The Wildlife Experience.
Monday, November 11th
- Veterans Day! Thank you for your service! We appreciate you!
Tuesday, November 12th
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the computer lab.
Friday, November 15th
- All school “Dress of Choice” Students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
Wednesday, November 20th
- Spelling Bee 4th-8th grade 3:45 pm in the Cafeteria
Friday, November 22nd
- No School/Staff training
Monday, November 25th through Friday, November 29th
Thanksgiving Break! Enjoy a great holiday with your family and friends!