We apologize for our previous eblast that went out, due to an update of our system it spontaneously sent last month’s blast.
Remember, you never know what kind of weather we will have from day to day in our beautiful state, please make sure your children have warm enough items for changing weather. Spring break is just around the corner and school will be out before you know it. We feel privileged and honored that you have chosen Legacy Academy for your children!
Character Attribute for February: Cooperation
Important Dates to Remember:
- Kindergarten Graduation Friday, May 15, 2020, 5:30 pm.
- Eighth Grade Graduation Monday, May 18, 2020, 6:00 pm.
Yearbooks for Sale
The 2019-20 yearbook is on sale for $25 until March 13th. You may order online or use the attached flyer. The school code to enter when ordering online is 85558. YEARBOOK ONLINE ORDER or download the order form that was sent home in Monday Folders. Yearbook Form.
- We are putting together a team for summer lawn care. We will need to mow and weed whack the property three times over the summer. Please e-mail Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves. This does not have to be completed during school hours.
- Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information email@example.com or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Adopt a Month! Help clean-up the property! You can make this volunteer opportunity a family affair! Bring the whole family, some trash bags and gloves and help clean-up the Legacy Academy property. Each hour that each family member cleans counts towards your hours. This does not have to be completed during school hours, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers needed to bring snacks for Kids Heart Challenge. The Kids Heart Challenge will be on March 6th. Please drop off snacks before 8am on Friday, March 6th so that they can be prepared before the event starts at 8am.For every $10 spent, you earn one hour of volunteer time. SIGN UP HERE
Friday, February 28
- All School Dress of Choice
- Spring Photos for all students, these photos are taken and then a proof is sent home to see if you are interested in purchasing. Props (for example a football/teddybear) are allowed! To order and prepay for spring photos:
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents are required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Monday, March 2
- ROAR Assembly 8:15 am in the cafeteria.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:30 pm in the cafeteria.
Friday, March 6
- Middle School Dress of Choice.
- Heart Challenge Day! Kindergarten through Fifth grade will participate in jump rope activities to raise funds for the Heart Challenge (formerly called Jump Rope for Heart) All fundraising forms are due today! If possible have your child(ren) wear a red uniform shirt and make sure they have their tennis shoes on or with them.
Sunday, March 8
- Daylight saving time, move your clock ahead one hour.
Tuesday, March 10
- Third-grade field trip to the Pace Center.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm.
Wednesday, March 11
- Second-grade field trip to Wildlife Experience
Thursday, March 12
- Crazy Hair Day $2.00. Students can wear crazy hair and dress of choice.
- Middle School Honor Roll Dessert Bar (third Quarter) 2:30 pm in the cafeteria.
Friday, March 13
- No School / Teacher Inservice.
Monday, March 16th through March 20th Spring Break! Wishing everyone a great break with safe travel!
Monday, March 23
- Everyone returns from Spring Break!
Tuesday, March 24
- Eighth-grade field trip to Elizabeth High School, career and college fair.
Friday, March 27
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Stampede to Read Assembly 2:15 – 3:00 pm gymnasium.