We know how proud you are of your children and some of you take a lot of pictures. We are always looking for images to put in the yearbook of our students at all of the Legacy events, in the classroom, sporting events/practices and 1st day of school. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall is here in a big way. It is so great to see the children of Legacy smiling their way through their school day. It is such a great honor to impact your children through education and character development. A huge “Thank You” to all of you who helped make our Patriot Observation a great success. The students are learning the important lesson of honoring those who care for us in our community as well as the privilege to live in America every day.
- Hearing and Vision Screening– Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for Wednesday, October 3rd. We can use up to ten volunteers for the day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email email@example.com
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the fall. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please email Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are hosting our Scholastic Book Fair scheduled for the week of Monday, November 26th through Friday, November 30th. The book fair is a big job and many volunteers are needed, please email email@example.com if you can help!
- Please put younger siblings on the waitlist. Our waitlist is growing every day. Please make sure any siblings of students attending Legacy Academy are on our waitlist. It can be found at legacyk8.org under the Enrollment tab. Look for the link called “Letter of Intent”. Or click here: WAITLIST
Character Attribute of the Month: Respect
Spelling Bee 4th-8th grade
- There is a parent/student Spelling Bee info meeting on Wednesday, October 10th, in the Steam room 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. Spelling Bee practice for students 4th through 8th grade begins Wednesday, October 17th, 2018, 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm in the Library/Stem and will be held every Wednesday until the Spelling Bee scheduled for Wednesday, December 5th, 2018, in the cafeteria. Bee permission slip-full form (3)
Wednesday, September 26th
- See You at the Pole 7:00 am – This is a student lead prayer time around the flagpole that is a global activity. Students and parents, please bring a breakfast item to share and come to the cafeteria for a quick breakfast at 7:00 am and then gather around the flagpole at 7:15 am to pray for their school, friends, churches, and community.
Friday, September 28th
- All school “Dress of Choice” Students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- All Middle School Field Trip to Elizabeth Homecoming Parade 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Canceled and reschedule to Friday, October 26
Picture Retakes and Fall Sports Photographs/All School Dress of Choice. Students will have a chance to take their photograph if they missed initial picture day or retake a photo that was unsatisfactory. Please send back original photo if your child is going to retake. We will take sports team photos for Volleyball, Soccer, and Cross Country. Please make sure your student has their uniform as well as shoes and socks for the photograph.
Monday, October 1st
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:15 am in the cafeteria.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00 pm in the cafeteria. Students who won the drawing award for ROAR will receive a special treat to eat with the administration.
Wednesday, October 3rd
- Sixth grade departs for the Outdoor adventure trip to Estes Park.
- Hearing and Vision Screening for kindergarten through third, fifth, seventh grades and all students with I.E.P’s and 504’s. If your student wears glasses, contacts or hearing aids please make sure they have them.
Friday, October 5th
- Middle School Dress of Choice Only. Middle School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Sixth-grade Outdoor Adventure Trip returns.
Tuesday, October 9th
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30 pm in Mrs. Baird’s art room. Free Childcare provided for PTCO meeting only.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the computer lab.
Wednesday, October 10th
- Spelling Bee parent meeting 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm. This is for students fourth through eighth grade.
Thursday, October 11th
- Hat Day $2.00 students can wear a hat as well as a dress of choice for $2.00.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm by appointment only. Teachers will send out an email to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classrooms. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Friday, October 12th
No School/Fall Break /Parent Teacher Conferences from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm by appointment only. Teachers will send out an email to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classroom. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Monday, October 15th ~ No School/Fall Break
Tuesday, October 16th
- 4th Grade State Capitol / Colorado History Museum Field Trip
Friday, October 26th
- All school “Dress of Choice” School students are allowed to wear their own clothing as long as it meets the dress code guidelines.
- Picture Retakes and Fall Sports Photographs/All School Dress of Choice. Students will have a chance to take their photograph if they missed initial picture day or retake a photo that was unsatisfactory. Please send back original photo if your child is going to retake. We will take sports team photos for Volleyball, Soccer and Cross Country. Please make sure your student has their uniform as well as shoes and socks for the photograph.
- Middle School Honor Roll dessert bar for the first quarter in the cafeteria at 2:30 pm
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please email LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Wednesday, October 31 ~ Happy Halloween!
We are still in need of volunteers to help with Hearing and Vision Screening which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 3, 2018, from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email Catie.Hayes@legacyk8.org.
We wanted to remind you of our illness policy as stated in the Student Handbook. A sick student must be picked up within 30 minutes of the school’s contacting the parent or a designated adult. The school does not have space or the staff to keep students who are contagious or are unable to participate in the academic program. If your child shows signs of illness at home, please take the time to assess their situation. Any child with a temperature of 100 degrees or above, coughing excessively, or experiencing nausea or vomiting, should be kept home. Please remember that they should be fever free and not have vomited for 24 hours before returning to school.
The staff at Legacy Academy wanted to say a special thank you to some local businesses and our PTCO. A company in Highlands Ranch, The White Lotus Tatoo Shop collected a multitude of backpacks and nonperishable food items to give to children in need in the Elizabeth area with Legacy Academy as one of the schools to receive this gift. We are grateful for the abundant donations. Cowboy Coffee in Elizabeth provided coffee for the Donuts with Dad, an event to launch the new year of WATCH D.O.G.S (Dads of Great Students). Also, ECCO, Elbert County Coalition Outreach in Kiowa donated backpacks filled with school supplies for the start of the school year for families in need. And lastly, a big thank you to our PTCO for providing breakfast from a local restaurant Sweet Alfas on the first day of school. The meal was greatly appreciated and very yummy.
Due to lack of interest, there will not be cheerleading offered at this time.