We hope everyone is off to a great start. The children are amazing. It is such a great honor to impact your children through education and character development. A big “Thank You” to all of you who helped make our Patriot Observation a great success. We also wanted to thank all of you who came to “See you at the Pole” to pray for our school. We believe the students are learning the important lesson of honoring those who care for us in our community as well as the privilege to live in America every day.
Spelling Bee – There is a parent/student Spelling Bee info meeting on Tuesday, October 25, in the library 3:30pm – 4:00pm. Spelling Bee practice for students 4th through 8th grade begins Tuesday, November 1, 3:30pm – 4:00pm in the Library and will be held every Tuesday until the Spelling Bee scheduled for Thursday, December 8, 2016, in the cafeteria. Permission slips for practice can be found on our website.
Ice cream Friday’s has begun in the cafeteria. Students who have $1.00 cash can purchase ice cream on Fridays in the cafeteria at lunchtime. They cannot use their lunch account for this purchase.
- Vision and Hearing screening is usually scheduled for Thursday, October 20, and Friday, October 21. We can use up to ten volunteers a day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the summer. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team at email@example.com.
- Electricians Needed – We are in need of electrical work. If you are willing to donate your time as an electrician for volunteer hours, please call Anne (303) 646-2636
- Roofers & Construction Help Needed- We are looking for help with a roofing project, as well as a construction project. If you could assist on a team with this type of project, please call Ms. Anne (303)646-2636.
- Sign up on our website for Help Counter to register your volunteer hours at HelpCounter.net. Look for volunteer information under the school resources tab. Log volunteer time through the PTCO page (look in “about Legacy”).
Wednesday, October 5 ~ Friday, October 7 – Sixth grade Outdoor Adventure Trip.
Wednesday, October 5
- “All School Assembly” at 8:15am in the gymnasium, Hawkquest will present. Fourth through Eighth grade will begin promptly at 8:15am. Kinder through 3rd grade will start their assembly at 9:30am. The assembly is one hour.
- Official Count Day
Friday, October 7
- Fourth grade “Wax Museum” in the cafeteria from 2:00pm – 3:00pm.
- All Fun Run Money Due
Tuesday, October 10
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm.
Thursday, October 13
- Fun Run Prize Day
Friday, October 14
- Middle School Dress of Choice
- Silver Spoon Award 2:30pm-3:00pm.
- Nerf Night 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Thursday, October 20
- Fourth-grade field trip to State Capitol and Historical Museum.
- Hearing & Vision Screening.
Friday, October 21
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Picture Retakes, please send back the original packet with your student if you would like retakes. If your student was absent the day we took photographs they will be able to have their picture taken today. Please let the office know if you need an order form.
- Fall Sports Pictures ~ Please make sure your student has their uniform and proper shoes/socks for the pictures.
Tuesday, October 25
- 4th-8th grade Spelling Bee Parent Meeting in the library 3:30pm – 4:00pm
Thursday, October 27
- Crazy Hair Day $2.00
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00am-8:30am in the gymnasium.
- Middle School Dessert Bar (Honor Roll from last quarter of last year) in the cafeteria 2:00pm-2:30pm.
- Second Grade Field Trip Four Mile Historic Site 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Elementary Harvest Parties 2:00pm -3:00pm
Friday, October 28 ~ Teacher In-Service/ No school for students!
Monday, October 31 ~ Happy Halloween!