What a wonderful time of the year. We hope everyone has safe holidays with family and friends. We appreciate you!
Character Attribute for December: Empathy
Elbert Task Force
Thank you, everyone, for your donations to the food drive for the Elbert Task Force. We were so excited to see our students open up their hearts to help others less fortunate. We collected 2,258 items for the food drive.
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the year. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please email Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com.
- We are hosting our Scholastic book fair scheduled for the week of Monday, November 26th through Friday, November 30th. The book fair is a big job and many volunteers are needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
- Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves. This does not have to be completed during school hours.
Medication Policy Reminder
No student may keep medication with them unless the office has a completed Medication Form which requires a physician’s signature stating that it is necessary for the student to keep the medication on his/her person (asthma inhalers and EpiPens). The parent must also sign indicating they will accept all responsibility if their child or any other student becomes ill because of misuse of the medication. All other policies concerning possession of a controlled substance apply.
- All prescription medication and over-the-counter medications (including cough drops) that have an excessive dosage warning should be sent to the clinic with a completed medication form including the physician’s’ signature. No medication will be dispensed from the clinic unless a completed form is on file.
- Medication must be in its original container, properly labeled with the name of the drug, student’s name, and dosage, time of administering, physician, and the current date.
- Medication may be given legally only by school personnel who have been trained by a registered nurse.
Please use this attached form to be completed by your doctor.
After School Sports Games
We have a busy schedule this sports season and we enjoy seeing students come cheer on their classmates! However, we do not have adult supervision for the student fans during these home games and encourage parents to join their students in the stands to root for their fellow Wildcats.
Thursday, November 29
- The Book Fair is open to the public from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Friday, November 30
- All school Dress of Choice
- There will be one Book Fair this year instead of two so please mark your calendar for November 26th thru November 30th, students can come as teachers allow. The fair is open to the public on Thursday, November 29, 2018, from 8:30 to 4:30. Don’t forget Grand Day is on Friday, November 30th, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents, parents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/child(ren). If you are planning on attending and eating at our wonderful lunch buffet there will be an opportunity to preorder and pay two weeks in advance so we may have an accurate account of how much food to order. Order forms will be sent out in Monday folders two weeks before the event or can be printed off by using this link: GRAND Day Lunch Order Form. If you don’t want to order a lunch through our lunch program, please feel free to bring your own.
- If you are “booked” up during Book Fair week (or just want to keep shopping) be sure to visit the fair online. Check out the Book Fair link at Legacy Academy Bookfair. Online shopping starts Wednesday, November 21st and stays open until Tuesday, December 4th. The online fair allows your child to send wish lists, invite family and friends to participate in the Fair and offers an expanded book selection. All orders taken online will be shipped free to Legacy and delivered to your students’ classroom. Teachers will be invited to a “Sneak Peek” of the fair on November 27th thru November 29th to make out their classroom wish list, there will be a cart with their selections on it. If you purchase a book for the classroom you are able to count your purchase towards your volunteer time, every ten dollars spent counts as one hour. So when you visit, please make sure to check out the cart of their selected books. Students will also be previewing the fair to fill out their own wish list. The location of the fair will be in the Gymnasium. Below is a class schedule that will clarify when grandparents/significant family member or friend is to have lunch and shop at the fair. There will also be a nice selection of Middle School books for sale.
Please note – “GRAND DAY GUESTS” NEED TO SHOW UP AT THE EARLIEST TIME LISTED FOR THEIR CLASSROOM TO HAVE LUNCH OR SHOP (WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
Teacher Schedule for Lunchtime and Bookfair Shopping
- Mrs. Murch – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Mrs. Jensen – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Mrs. Fortelka – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Ms. Jeanjaquet- Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Middle School- Lunchtime: 11:35 to 12:00 Shopping: 12:00 to 12:30
- Mrs. Dome- Lunchtime: 12:05 to 12:30 Shopping: 12:30 to 1:00
- Mrs. Solomon- Lunchtime: 12:05 to 12:30 Shopping: 12:30 to 1:00
- Ms. Skinner- Lunchtime: 12:35 to 1:00 Shopping: 1:00 to 1:30
- Mrs. Young- Lunchtime: 12:35 to 1:00 Shopping: 1:00 to 1:30
- Ms. Johnson- Lunchtime: 12:15 to 12:40 Shopping: 11:45 to 12:15
- Mrs. Heintz- Lunchtime: 12:15 to 12:40 Shopping: 11:45 to 12:15
- Mrs. Grassnick- Lunchtime: 12:45 to 1:10 Shopping: 12:15 to 12:45
- Mrs. Schmit- Lunchtime: 12:45 to 1:10 Shopping: 12:15 to 12:45
Monday, December 3
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:15 am in the cafeteria
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00 pm in the cafeteria
Wednesday, December 5
- Spelling Bee 3:45 pm in the Computer lab
Friday, December 7
- Middle School Dress of Choice
Tuesday, December 11
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Friday, December 14
- All School Dress of Choice
- Fourth grade Market Day 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. This is an opportunity for fourth graders to practice entrepreneurship. Students will have business stations and sell their products. Please send your child with a dollar or two. They will have an opportunity to purchase various, kid-friendly products.
Tuesday, December 18
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Fifth through Eighth grade Christmas concert in the gymnasium. Students need to arrive at 5:15 pm and report to their first-period classroom. Please wear festive attire.
Wednesday, December 19
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Kindergarten through Fourth grade Christmas concert in the gymnasium. Students need to arrive at 5:15 pm and report to their classroom teacher. Please wear festive attire.
Thursday, December 20
- Christmas Dress Day/or Ugly Christmas Sweater – NO FEE Students are allowed to dress in Christmas colors/attire for no fee as a Christmas gift from our Administration Staff
- All School Christmas Parties 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm