We are at the end of another great school year at Legacy Academy! We are THANKFUL to have a great community of parents, student, administration, board representatives, faculty, and staff. Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy, we count it an honor and privilege to serve you.
There will be a plant sale May 10th and 11th so please let your children know they can purchase plants and flowers at that time. There will be many to choose from. If you are interested in placing a pre-order, please contact Mollie Holm ASAP at email@example.com. We need volunteers to help run the store please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the following Legacy Academy students who were recognized at the STARS (Students Taking Accountability and Responsibility Seriously) banquet this last weekend. We are proud of you.
- 5th Grade Students-Ava Davie and John Riedel
- 6th Grade Students-Madalyn Kashner and Alex Martinez
- 7th Grade Student – Annalie Peterson
- 8th Grade Student – Bryson Bodkins
- Electrical Volunteer Job– We are looking for a certified electrician to do a small job for volunteer hours, please e-mail Anne if you can help email@example.com.
Summer Volunteer Jobs
- We are in need of someone who could fill in some erosion and around the stairs leading down to the fields.
- We also need someone who has the ability to build additional stairs to the fields at Wild Pointe.
- We are in need of someone with a sturdy trailer to pick-up guardrail post to place around the trail at Legacy Academy.
- We need some to place the guardrail post on the trail at Legacy Academy.
- We need someone with a skid steer or compact tractor to move and place gravel between guardrail post on the trail at Legacy Academy.
- We are in need of help installing a bollard (the round steel tubes filled with concrete) around the gas lines near the portable classroom.
- Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help with any of the above items at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost and Found
- We will donate lost and found on the afternoon of Thursday, May 24, 2018. Please stop by and take a moment to retrieve your child’s items. Please remember, always label all your student’s items and we will make our best attempt to return them.
Service Dogs Only
Please be advised that Legacy Academy does not allow dogs in the building unless they are certified service dogs. Thank you for your consideration.
Summer Office Hours
Our office is open in the summer on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm with the exception of Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
- Friday, May 18th Kindergarten Graduation 5:30 pm *
- Monday, May 21st Eighth-Grade Graduation 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 22nd Night with First-Grade 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 24th Fifth-Grade continuation 9:30 am
*Please remember Kindergarten has a shortened schedule on Kindergarten Play Day. Kindergarten Students do not return after this day.
- Friday, May 18, 2018, 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Note Early Dismissal!)
Important Lunch Account Information
With the end of the school year approaching it is very important that you keep your student’s lunch account current. Beginning May 4th, students may no longer charge on accounts that have a negative lunch balance. These students will be given a milk and salad bar until additional money is deposited into their lunch account. Letter From Lunchroom
- We accept payment online for student meals using a bank account, Visa or MasterCard at payforit.net.
Sunday, April 29th
- Eighth-grade departure for Washington D.C./New York/Philadelphia
Tuesday, May 1st
- Principal Appreciation Day! Let’s show our love and support for Mr. Naber and Ms. Thorn.
Friday, May 4th
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Tuesday, May 8th
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30 pm (Free Childcare Provided)
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Friday, May 11th
- Fifth grade Field trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Tuesday, May 15th
- First-grade field trip to the Denver Zoo
- Tentative Middle School Character Education Party to Boondocks
Thursday, May 17th
- Second-grade field trip to 4-Mile Historic Park
Friday, May 18th
- All School Dress of Choice
- Kindergarten Play Day 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Note early dismissal!). Students do not return after this day
- Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30 pm in the Gymnasium
Monday, May 21st
- Eighth-Grade Graduation Rehearsal 8:00 am to 10:00 am (Note early dismissal!)
- Eighth-Grade Graduation at 6:00 pm in the Gymnasium.
- Eighth graders are to arrive at 5:00 pm sharp and report directly to Mrs. Murch’s classroom
Tuesday, May 22nd
- Eighth-grade End of The Year Field Trip to Elitch Gardens, eighth-grade students do not return after this day
- Fourth-grade Field Trip to Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Sixth & Seventh-grade trip to Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- A Night with First-grade 6:00 pm in the gymnasium
Thursday, May 24th
- Half Day of School-All Students are dismissed at 12:00 pm
- Elementary ROAR Assembly in the gymnasium at 8:05 am in the gymnasium
- Fifth-grade Continuation in the gymnasium at 9:30 am
- August 17, 2018, Noon to 3:15 6th Grade Orientation
- August 21, 2018, 1st day of School for Middle School
- August 22, 2018, All students(k-8) attend
Have a Wonderful Safe summer! See you in the fall! Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy!