Dear Legacy Academy Family,
We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas break! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We are all looking forward to the second half of our school year. Your children are the best part of our day.
In honor of the holidays, please know that our administration, faculty, and staff might not respond to e-mails from Friday, December 21, 2017, through Sunday, January 7, 2018. Thank you for your understanding.
8th Grade Class Trip
The Legacy 8th graders are going on a trip to Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York City in April. They are hosting a dinner/auction on February 10
to raise funds for this awesome trip and they need your help! Anything you donate will go towards your volunteer hours, so be sure to record it on your volunteer portal or at the school office. Non-food items can be delivered to the office anytime up to Wednesday, February 7th
. Food needs to be delivered to the school between 12:30pm and 5:30pm
the day of the event (unless non-perishable or otherwise noted). Cash donations are welcomed too ($10 equals 1 volunteer hour) and can be turned into the office up to Friday, February 9th
. Volunteer Here
You can also buy tickets to attend the dinner! They are available for a donation of $15 or more per ticket and ticket will be made available during carpool, at the office, or from any 8th grader selling them. Babysitting is even available that evening so perhaps this could be a date night!
Chipotle Fundraising Event
-Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Legacy Academy. Come into the Chipotle at 5642 Allen Way Space 104 in Castle Rock on Wednesday, December 27th between 4:00pm and 8:00pm. Bring in this Chipotle flyer
, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 50% of the proceeds will be donated to Legacy Academy.
WATCH D.O.G.S Event
Attention all fathers and father-figures of Legacy students, on January 11th from 7:15 – 7:45 am we will have ‘Donuts for Dad’ Event at our school. If you can’ t come that day, we will have ‘Hotdogs with Dad” on January 25th 2:45 to 3:45 pm. We will have information about our WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads Of Great Students) Program and you’ll have the opportunity to sign up! WATCH D.O.G.S.® is an innovative program being used by schools across America which helps them to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life. The goal is to have you spend at least one day this year at the school to be a positive male role model and provide an extra set of eyes and ears. ‘Dads, granddads, uncles, step-dads and adult brothers . . . this is your chance to have some special time with your student in a fun atmosphere at the school. Interested in signing up to be a Watch D.O.G. now? Email email@example.com. Please RSVP by January 8th.
RSVP Invite 2018
Mark your calendars now for parent/teacher conferences and registration on Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:00pm – 8:00pm and Friday, February 16, 2018 8:00am – 12:00pm.
Advertising: Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard in exchange for volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
Plumbing: We need a water line for an ice/water dispenser on a refrigerator.
Electrical: We need to install an outlet for an LED display in the office conference room, and we need some additional recessed lights installed in the computer lab.
For additional information about any of these (or other) volunteer needs, please contact Anne (303) 646-2636
- Christmas Dress Day/or Ugly Christmas Sweater – NO FEE Students are allowed to dress in Christmas colors/attire for no fee as a Christmas gift from our Administration Team.
- Elementary Roar Assembly 8:30am in the gymnasium.
- All school Christmas Parties 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Wednesday, December 27th Fundraising Dinner at Castle Rock Chipotle 4:00pm -8:00pm
Character Attribute for January: Courtesy
Courtesy is being kind and polite to others; showing respect and consideration to others.
Monday, January 8th
- Welcome Back! The first day of the second semester.
Tuesday, January 9th
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm
Thursday, January 11th
- Watchdog DADS (Donuts for DADS) event at 7:15 – 7:45am
- Kindergarten Round Up 5:30pm
- Come see the Kindergarten classrooms, meet our teachers, and connect with other Kindergarten families. If you have a kindergartner who may be enrolled at Legacy in 2018/19 please plan to attend.
- All School Tour 6:00pm
- If you have a friend or family member interested in our school, please extend an invitation to join us for this all school tour.
Friday, January 12th
- NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-Service
Monday, January 15th
- NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King Jr. Day Observed
Thursday, January 25th
- Elementary Roar Assembly 8:30am in the gymnasium
- Watchdog DADS Event (Hotdogs for DADS) 2:45pm-3:45pm
Friday, January 26th
- All School Dress of Choice
Friday, February 2nd
- Class Picture Day – please wear uniforms