What a wonderful time of the year. We hope everyone has safe holidays with family and friends. We appreciate you!
Character Attribute for December: Cooperation
Elizabeth Food Bank
Thank you, everyone, for your donations to the food drive for the Elizabeth Food Bank. We were so excited to see our students open up their hearts to help others less fortunate.
We are looking for someone to help level large storage containers on the west side of the building. Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help email@example.com.
Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves. This does not have to be completed during school hours.
After School Sports Games
We have a busy schedule this sports season and we enjoy seeing students come cheer on their classmates! However, we do not have adult supervision for the student fans during these home games and encourage parents to join their students in the stands to root for their fellow Wildcats.
Free & Reduced Lunch Program
Free & Reduced lunch applications can be accessed here. You will need to register an account with your student’s ID number.
Lost & Found
Please check lost and found! All unclaimed, unnamed items will be donated to a homeless shelter for children downtown. Last day to claim items is the end of the day on Thursday, November 16th.
Thursday, November 16
- All School PJ Day – $2.00
Friday, November 17
- No School/ Teacher Inservice
Monday, November 20 – Friday, November 24 Thanksgiving Break
- Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving Break!
Wednesday, November 29
- Dress in Western Attire – NO FEE (Book Fair Theme is Wild West Book Fair: Saddle up and read!)
Thursday, November 30
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00am
- The Book Fair is open to the public from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Friday, December 1
- Grand Day! Grand day is an opportunity for grandparents or any other significant family member or friend to visit our school and have lunch with their grandchild(ren)/special child(ren). If you are planning on attending and eating lunch, please fill out and send in the attached order form. Students can order the potato bar for hot lunch also, but they must have money in their lunch account. Below is a class schedule that will clarify when grandparents/significant family member or friend are to have lunch and shop at the book fair with their student. There will also be a nice selection of Middle School books for sale. You can also SHOP ONLINE.
- Please note – Grand Day guests need to arrive prior to their scheduled times to check in with the office.
- Kindergarten Times – For kindergarten classrooms only, book fair shopping will take place PRIOR to their lunchtime.
PLEASE RSVP IF YOU HAVE A “GRAND” attending. Please download and print. ATTENDING GRAND DAY
- Murch – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Jensen – Lunchtime: 10:55 to 11:20 Shopping: 10:15 to 10:45
- Fortelka – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Jeanjaquet – Lunchtime: 11:05 to 11:30 Shopping: 11:30 to 12:00
- Middle School – Lunchtime: 11:25 to 12:00 Shopping: 12:00 to 12:30
- Dome – Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Solomon – Lunchtime: 12:10 to 12:35 Shopping: 12:35 to 1:05
- Skinner – Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Young – Lunchtime: 12:20 to 12:45 Shopping: 12:50 to 1:20
- Johnson – Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 130
- Heintz – Lunchtime: 12:40 to 1:05 Shopping: 1:10 to 1:30
- Grassnick – Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
- Schmit – Lunchtime: 12:50 to 1:15 Shopping: 1:15 to 1:45
Wednesday, December 6th: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Fifth through Eighth grade Christmas concert in the gymnasium. Students need to arrive at 5:15pm and report to their first-period classroom. Please wear festive attire.
Thursday, December 7th: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Kindergarten through Fourth grade Christmas concert in the gymnasium. Students need to arrive at 5:15pm and report to their classroom teacher. Please wear festive attire.
Friday, December 8th
- Middle School Dress of Choice
Tuesday, December 12th
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm
Thursday, December 14th
- Spelling Bee in the cafeteria at 3:45pm
Friday, December 15th
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Fourth grade Market Day 1:00pm – 3:00pm This is an opportunity for fourth graders to practice entrepreneurship. Students will have business stations and sell their products. Please send your child to school with a dollar or two. They will have an opportunity to purchase various, kid-friendly products.
Thursday, December 21st
- Christmas Dress Day/or Ugly Christmas Sweater – NO FEE Students are allowed to dress in Christmas colors/attire for no fee as a Christmas gift from our Administration Staff.
- Elementary Roar Assembly 8:30am in the gymnasium.
- All school Christmas Parties 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Friday, December 22, 2017, through January 5, 2018, Christmas & New Years Break!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!