We hope everyone is off to a great start. The children are amazing. It is such a great honor to impact your children through education and character development. A big “Thank You” to all of you who helped make our Patriot Observation a great success. We believe the students are learning the important lesson of honoring those who care for us in our community as well as the privilege to live in America every day.
Spring 2017 Student Performance Reports
The Spring 2017 Student Performance Reports for the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) have been delivered to the school. Teachers will be handing these to parents during conferences October 12th and 13th. If you would like to have the results for your student sooner, you may stop by the front office as they are ready for parents to pick up. Please be aware we cannot hand these to students. Thank you for entrusting your students to us.
Hearing and Vision Screening
Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for Friday, October 27th. We can use up to ten volunteers for the day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteers taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the fall. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com.
- We are looking for someone to help level large storage containers on the west side of the building. Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help Counter -Sign up on our website for Help Counter to register your volunteer hours at HelpCounter.net. Look for volunteer information under the school resources tab. Log volunteer time through the PTCO page (look in “about Legacy”).
Please put younger siblings on the waitlist. Our waitlist is growing every day. Please make sure any siblings of student’s attending Legacy Academy are on our waitlist. Please click on this link “Letter of Intent”.
Ice Cream with Lunch on Fridays
Ice Cream Friday begins Friday, September 29th. Students can purchase ice cream on Fridays for a dollar however they must bring cash the day of. Students are not allowed to deduct funds from their lunch account.
We have leftover yearbooks form the school year 2016-2017 for sale on a first come first serve basis. The cost is $15.00. Please make checks to Legacy Academy.
This school year Legacy Academy is focusing on building character. School-wide the students are asked to R.O.A.R. This means students are asked to be Respectful, On Task, Appropriate and Responsible. Students who show R.O.A.R behaviors are awarded an R.O.A.R Award. Then twelve R.O.A.R awards are drawn every month and those students will have ice cream with the admin team.
In addition to R.O.A.R. awards, we are teaching our students about Character Traits. The Character Trait for October is Honesty.
Spelling Bee 4th-8th grade
There is a parent/student Spelling Bee info meeting on Tuesday, October 24, in the Mac lab 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm. Spelling Bee practice for students 4th through 8th grade begins Tuesday, October 31, 2017, 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm in the Library and will be held every Tuesday until the Spelling Bee scheduled for Thursday, December 14, 2017, in the cafeteria. PERMISSION SLIP
Monday, October 2nd
- Final Payment for Sixth-grade Outdoor Adventure trip due
- Mandatory Cheer Parent Meeting 5:00 pm in the Library
Wednesday, October 4th
- Wedsnesday, October 4th – Friday, October 6th Sixth-grade Outdoor Adventure Trip. Sixth grade departs.
Friday, October 6th
- Middle School Dress of Choice
- 6th Sixth-grade Outdoor Adventure Trip returns.
- 4th grade Wax Museum in the cafeteria 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 10
- Fun Run Assembly in the gymnasium 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30 pm in Mrs. Baird’s room.
- (This meeting has been moved to Wednesday, October 11th) LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the STEM/Library room.
Wednesday, October 11
- Silver Spoon Awards in the cafeteria at 2:00 pm
- Middle School Dessert Bar for Academic Achievement (last quarter of last year) in the cafeteria at 2:30 pm
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the STEM/Library room.
Thursday, October 12
- Parent-Teacher Conferences from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm by appointment only. We will send out an e-mail to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classrooms. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Friday, October 13
- No School/Fall Break /Parent Teacher Conferences from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm by appointment only. We will send out an e-mail to sign-up soon. Elementary teachers will be in their classroom. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Monday, October 16 ~ No School/Fall Break.
Friday, October 20
Dress of Choice for Fun Run, Students should dress and wear shoes that are comfortable to run in. Fun Run Event is scheduled today:
- 8:20-9:00 Home School
- 9:00-9:30 Middle School Group 2
- 9:40-10:10 2nd Grade
- 10:20-10:50 3rd Grade
- 11:00-11:30 4th Grade
- 11:40-12:10 5th Grade
- 12:20-12:50 Kindergarten
- 1:00-1:30 1st Grade
- 1:30-2:00 Middle School Group
Thursday, October 26
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:00 am in the gymnasium
Friday, October 27
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Nerf Night/ Concessions 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6 yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Tuesday, October 31
- Happy Halloween! Need a place to donate unwanted Halloween Candy? Please bring it to the school! Donations will count towards volunteer time!