Our 2017-2018 school year is just about to begin, again summer break has flown by. Just a few short weeks and students will return. We are always so amazed at how quickly they grow through the summer break and excited to see everyone again. Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy, it is a privilege and honor to serve you. The office team will return on Wednesday, August 9, 2017. Please review the calendar all the way through.
Important Notice: If you qualified for free or reduced lunch in the Elizabeth C-1 school district 2016-2017 school year or have a special need, you can qualify for a backpack full of some free school supplies. Your children may need additional items, but it will be a good start. We are asking parents to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a need.
Free & Reduced lunch applications can be accessed with this link: APPLICATION. It cannot be filled out until thirty days prior to school start date.
Uniform & School Supplies – Tuesday, August 8 our PTCO is having a used clothing sale 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm in the cafeteria. For those of you getting clothing and school supplies, here is the list. School Supply List 2017-18. Our Uniform requirements can be found under resources/parent-student handbook Vll. and/or page 36.
- We have a new provider for uniforms, Educational Outfitters located at 8170 South University Blvd Suite #250, Centennial, CO 80122. They are open Monday-Friday 10-6 and Saturday 10-3 (Closed Sundays). denver.educationaloutfitters.com phone: 720-200-6666
- The source code for French Toast is QS5JCKC (www.frenchtoast.com ). This is a great way to look at our uniforms. Remember you are not obligated to purchase uniforms anywhere specifically, as long as they look the same. Elizabeth Walmart also carries our uniforms but could have some in inventory that is not our approved items.
- All students sixth through eighth grade are required to wear P.E. uniforms and those will be available to purchase at Back to School Night as well as elementary and middle school sweatshirts and hoodies on Monday, August 21, 2017, 3:20 pm to 6:30 pm
Please mark your calendars:
Monday, August 7 ~ Wednesday, August 9th Middle School Girls Volleyball Camp, at Legacy Academy Gymnasium 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. The camp cost $20.00. Please check the legacyk8.org website, (under Athletics) for sign-up information. If you have additional questions you can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, August 18 ~ Come join us at our Community Carnival at Legacy Academy. It will be held during “Back-to-School Night” from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm. There will be fun for all ages. We will have large inflatables, a dunk tank, carnival games, face painting, a cakewalk, food, and local vendors. Purchase your tickets early for a great discount through our website. (Admission is FREE, Games require tickets/wristbands.) You can pick them up at the will call booth and avoid the lines! (All sales are final).
- Back to School Night 3:20pm – 6:30pm
Monday, August 21, 2017~Legacy Academy middle school students have the opportunity to attend an optional trip to experience the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Before we allow your student(s) to attend we need parent/guardian permission and we will require payment to reserve your student(s) seat(s) on the charter bus. Please complete this brief form to let our staff know that you wish to grant or deny permission for this trip.
The Legacy Academy Middle School team is excited to give students the opportunity to see a TOTAL solar eclipse. This is a really big deal as the last total solar eclipse was 38 years ago in 1979, in the Continental U.S. (Pacific Northwest). The next one this close to Colorado will be in 2045.
We have a short amount of time with a lot to accomplish so here are the details of the trip and what we need from you. THIS OPTIONAL FIELD TRIP IS BEING OFFERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS (SEE LINK BELOW TO SIGN UP)
- When: Monday, August 21, 2017 (Dead line to sign-up 7-31-17)
- Departure: 5:00 am (be at Legacy Academy)
- Return: 5:30 pm
- Where: AceExpress coach trip to Glendo, Wyoming
- Field Trip Permission Slip
Friday, August 25, 2017, Picture Day! We will start out taking school picture earlier this year. This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Monday, September 11, 2017 – Patriot Day Observation 8:00 am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve our country in the armed services, also firemen and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC etc. on this day. We are in need of brunch items. Donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours! Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help at email@example.com.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, See You at The Pole 7:00 am. This is a student-led prayer time around the flag pole. This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Important information regarding Sixth-graders! If you have a student entering sixth grade they will now have the opportunity to play sports. All students participating in sports are required to have a current physical examination.
Volunteer Opportunities – We have some immediate volunteer opportunities that can be done at any time and your children can be with you. Volunteer hours include your time, gas, and equipment use.
- Weed whacking around playgrounds
- Re-spread playground chips – Bring a rake and work gloves.
- If you are interested in with a plumbing/electrical project for volunteer time, we need your help.
If you can help, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to record your hours at helpcounter.net using your email.
Volunteering at Legacy– Legacy Academy relies on parental involvement to ensure smooth daily operations. Each family is expected to donate a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer time per year (4 hours per month); single parents, a minimum of 20 hours per year (2 hours per month). Each family also has the option of giving $10 to the school in lieu of one volunteer hour. Volunteer hours will be prorated for those families enrolling during the school year. All volunteers who work with students must complete a background check and pay $7 to the front office to cover the cost. Submitting the background check information will count towards 1 hour of volunteer time. BACKGROUND CHECK
VOLUNTEER SURVEY – Please fill this out so that we can contact you if we have specific volunteer needs and also let us know where you would like to volunteer at Legacy. We appreciate all of your help.
- Free & reduced lunch applications are located at the following link free & reduced lunch application.
- School lunch menu can be viewed on our website.
- All checks for lunch can be sent with your student and made out to Elizabeth Food Service. If you have more than one student, please write each student’s name and teacher in the memo and how you would like the money allocated. We are asking if you send cash that you would send it in an envelope with your child’s first/last name and grade on it. Please remember, if you are running late and your student will arrive after 8:15, you need to call the office to order a hot lunch.
Monday, August 7 ~ Wednesday, August 9th
- Middle School Girls Volleyball Camp, at Legacy Academy Gymnasium 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. The camp cost $20.00. Please check the legacyk8.org website, (under Athletics) for sign-up information. If you have additional questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, August 8
- PTCO Used Clothing Sale 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm in the cafeteria.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm
Thursday, August 10
- Informational Tour at 6:00 pm. Children welcome. If you have not participated in a tour of our school, we highly recommend you attend. If you know someone interested in the child (ren) attend Legacy Academy, please let them know!
Friday, August 18
- Sixth grade Orientation in session 12:00pm – 3:15pm. Please have your student eat before coming and bring a snack and water bottle. All sixth-grade parents please plan on parking and walking your students to the gymnasium and staying for a 45-minute orientation. Teachers want you to know what to expect for the 2017-18 school year as well as the Outdoor Adventure Trip. Please stop by the office to turn in documentation of the required Tdap booster immunization.
- Come join us at our Community Carnival at Legacy Academy. It will be held during “Back-to-School Night” from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm. There will be fun for all ages. We will have large inflatables, a dunk tank, carnival games, face painting, a cakewalk, food, and local vendors. Purchase your tickets early for a great discount through our website. (Admission is FREE, Games require tickets/wristbands.) You can pick them up at the will call booth and avoid the lines! (All sales are final).
- Kindergarten through Fifth-grade assessment testing, teachers will call you for an appointment. Assessments last around thirty minutes.
- Back to School Night for All School from 3:20 pm to 6:30 pm.
- All Kindergarten Parents- There is a 30-minute orientation in your student’s classroom at 4:00 pm. Teachers want you to know what to expect for the 2017-18 school year.
- Elementary students- If you ordered a supply kit, it will already be in the student’s classroom.
- Middle school students – Please do not bring supplies to Back-to-School Night, because we will not have locker assignments until the first day of school. Middle school supply kits will be handed out their first day.
- Medical/Birth Certificates /Immunizations/Physical – Please drop off any of the following if you have not already provided them. If your student takes medications at school, please have medication in the proper container with the pharmacy label. You will also need to have the proper form signed by you and your doctor. If you are new to the school and have a student who will require medication during the school day, please stop by to discuss and pick up the proper forms.
- Parent Portal Password/Registration Fees – Registration fees can be paid at the front desk with cash, check or credit card. Please e-mail email@example.com for your parent portal password. Please include an 8 character password that you have picked (must include one capital, one character and or number) and your name within the email. Please allow two weeks for a response.
- Partial Uniform Sale. PTCO will be in the front lobby to sell hoodies, sweatshirts (some take up to a month to get in so please put your order in in case your child needs it to be in uniform), as well as the middle school physical education uniforms, sweatpants, and sweatshirts.
Monday, August 21
- No School/Elementary assessment testing. This testing is scheduled by the teacher via e-mail or a phone call and by appointment only. Parents do not have to initiate the appointment.
Tuesday, August 22
- School for Middle School Students Only (6th through 8th grade) No School for Elementary Students (Kindergarten through Fifth grade). Elementary assessment testing. This testing is scheduled by the teacher via e-mail or a phone call and by appointment only. Parents do not have to initiate the appointment.
Wednesday, August 23
- First Day of School Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- PTCO Tears and Cheers 8:15 am in the cafeteria. Come cry or celebrate over your child (rens) entry or return to school. Refreshments served, Kleenex provided!
Friday, August 25
- All School Dress of Choice
- All School Picture Day! This is a “Dress of Choice” day, students can wear their own clothing, no hats, please.
Friday, September 1 ~ No School/Teacher In-service
Friday, September 4 ~ No School! Labor Day!