We are at the end of another great school year at Legacy Academy! We are truly blessed by a great community of parents, student, administration, board representatives, faculty, and staff. Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy, we count it an honor and privilege to serve you.
- Friday, May 12 Kindergarten Graduation 5:30 pm
- Monday, May 15 Eighth Grade Graduation 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 16 Night with First grade 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 18 Fifth grade continuation 9:30 am
- Please remember Kindergarten has a shortened schedule on Kindergarten Play Day – Friday, May 12, 2017, 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Note Early Dismissal!). Students do not return after this day.
- There is a plant sale at school May 10th and 11th so please let your children know they can purchase plants and flowers at that time There are several to choose from. If you are interested in placing a pre-order please contact Mollie Holm ASAP @ email@example.com
- Yearbook order forms have been sent home for Kinder through 5th grade. Middle school students can pick one up at the office. An order form has been attached for you if need one. The yearbook is full color and hardback for $25. Limited quantities available.
- Summer Mowing & Trimming. We are putting together a team for summer lawn care. We will need to mow and trim the property at least three times over the summer.
- We are looking for someone with a front loader or bottle jack to help level out our containers in the back. Please call/email Ms. Anne if you can help,
- firstname.lastname@example.org (303) 646-2636.
- Locksmith Needed! We are looking for a new locksmith, if you know of one who is very good and affordable please let us know!
- We are looking for families to help with our annual ‘thank you’ treat for the school district transportation department, the Elizabeth Fire & Rescue, and The Elbert County Sheriff’s Department. Your time and donations will count towards your volunteer time. Please request more information from our office. We plan to deliver these items on Friday, May 5, 2017
- We are also looking for volunteers to help with our graduations on Friday, May 12th (Kindergarten at 5:30 pm), Monday, May 15th (Eighth Grade at 6:00 pm).
- We still have Legacy Academy yard signs that need to be displayed throughout our community! Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three-month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at legacyk8.org or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Please, e-mail Anne email@example.com or call (303) 646-2636 if you can help with any of these needs.
Sunday, April 30 ~ Eighth grade depart for DC/Philadelphia/New York Trip!
Monday, May 1 – May 5 Teacher Appreciation Week
Monday, May 1 Principal Appreciation Day!
Wednesday, May 3 ~ Spelling B in the gymnasium 8:15 am
Thursday, May 4 ~ Band end of the year concert 5:00 pm in cafeteria
Friday, May 5
- Middle School Dress of Choice
- In-House Field Trip Kindergarten (Mrs. Jensen’s class) 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- In-House Field Trip Kindergarten (Mrs. Murch’s class) 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- First grade career day, children dress up in what they want to be when they grow up.
Tuesday, May 9
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30 pm in Mrs. Baird’s room.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30 pm in the STEM/Library room. Free Childcare provided.
- First-grade dress in 50’s clothing.
Wednesday, May 10
- Flower/Plant Sale! Students can purchase Mother a flower/plant for Mother’s Day cost average between $2.00 to $5.00.
- First-grade field trip to the Denver Zoo.
- Middle School Special Team Character Award Field Trip to Boondocks 9:15 am – 2:45 pm
- Third grade Coffee House:
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Mrs. Adams/Mr. Hettinga
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Mrs Skinners
Thursday, May 11 ~ Flower/Plant Sale! Students can purchase Mother a flower/plant for Mother’s Day cost average between $2.00 to $5.00.
Friday, May 12
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Kindergarten Play Day 8:00 am to 11:00 am (Note Early Dismissal!). Students do not return after this day.
- Elitch Gardens 8th Grade graduation trip 8:15 am to 4:00 pm.
- Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30 pm in the Gymnasium.
Monday, May 15
- Eighth Grade Graduation Rehearsal 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Eighth Grade Graduation at 6:00 pm in the Gymnasium.
- Eighth graders are to arrive at 5:00 pm sharp and report directly to Mrs. Murch’s classroom.
Tuesday, May 16
- Fourth-grade field trip to Dinosaur Museum.
- A night with First Grade 6:00 pm in the gymnasium.
Wednesday, May 17
- Sixth & Seventh Grade field Trip to Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Fifth grade Field Trip to “Fun in the Park” – Evan’s Park Elizabeth, Colorado
Thursday, May 18
- Half Day of School All Students are dismissed at 12:00 pm
- Elementary ROAR Assembly at 8:05 am in the gymnasium.
- Fifth Grade Continuation 9:30 am in the gymnasium.
- Early Dismissal for All Students of Legacy Academy 12:00 pm
Friday, May 19 ~ School Carnival & Reunion 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm Please come and enjoy a wonderful day with your family.
Have a Wonderful Safe summer! See you in the fall! Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy!