It’s that time of the year where we begin reflecting on all that we are Thankful for. We here at Legacy Academy are so Thankful for a great community of students, parents, teachers, staff and administration who are all focused on what’s best for children. Thank you so much for trusting your young people to our care. It is a privilege and honor to be a part of shaping the future of our nation with children of great character and academic strength. As we head into the holidays, it is hard to believe how quickly time has flown by! We want to make it a healthy winter for our students, so remember, if your student has had a temperature, has thrown up, or been on antibiotics for less than twenty-four hours, please keep them home.
- We are having a food drive for the Elbert Task Force beginning November 7th and ending November 18th. We are so excited to see our students open up their hearts to help others less fortunate by encouraging them to bring in canned food items, cereal, and toiletries.
- The character attribute for November is honesty.
- We have a new uniform provider for our families: Educational Outfitters http://denver.educationaloutfitters.com/find-my-school/legacy-academy/. Middle School and fifth-grade students will soon be able to wear jeans every Friday as long as they wear a logo shirt from a Legacy Academy sponsored club, sports team or if they purchase a Legacy Academy polo with an embroidered Legacy Academy logo. These can be purchased through Educational Outfitters or your student may get an order form at the office. Jeans may be worn with one of these shirts every Friday throughout the school year, but the shirts MUST be acquired through the Legacy Academy office (from Educational Outfitters).
- Donation of Lost and Found will be December 16, 2016. Any lost and found items that have not been claimed before the end of the day on 12/16/16 will be donated to a charitable organization. Please mark your student’s name on their belongings!
- Please mark your calendars now, for our students upcoming Christmas programs.
- Fifth through Eighth grade Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Kindergarten through Fourth grade Thursday, December 1, 2016, 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Decorating for Christmas – We are looking for a family who would take on the project of decorating our school for Christmas. We would make arrangements for you and your family to come in the building over Thanksgiving break. All decorations are provided. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a working family who has difficulty getting your volunteer hours taken care of during the school year, we are looking for a team of people who would be responsible for keeping our property mowed and trimmed throughout the summer. We could really use some people with a tractor and brush hog (field mower). Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you would like to be a part of the team email@example.com.
- Electricians – We are in need of electrical work. If you are willing to donate your time as an electrician for volunteer hours, please call Anne (303) 646-2636.
- Roofers & Construction help –We are looking for help with a roofing project as well as a construction project. The modular classroom (music room & teacher library) needs a new roof, skirting, and wheelchair ramp repair. If you could assist on a team with this type of project, please call Ms. Anne (303)646-2636.
Calendar at A Glance
Monday, October 31 ~ Happy Halloween!
Friday, November 4
- Colorado Sport’s Team Dress of Choice/No Fee. Students can wear their favorite Colorado Sport’s Team Clothing with Jeans.
- Elementary Harvest Parties 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Tuesday, November 8 ~ Election Day! Vote!
- Friday, November 11 ~ Veterans Day! Thank you for your service! We so appreciate you!
- Middle School Dress of Choice
- Silver Spoon Award 2:30pm in the cafeteria
- Nerf Night 6:00pm – 8:00pm in Legacy Academy gymnasium! This is an excellent time for families to play together. Parents are encouraged to play! Ages 7 and up (6yr olds may play if a parent is in the gym with them at all times, but all parents should stay for the event). The cost is $10.00 per person. Students may not bring their blasters to school during school hours. Bring your own blaster to the event. Do not bring darts or discs. Protective eyewear is provided. Parents will be required to sign a waiver prior to this event, no exceptions will be made. The waiver will be available at the office during school hours or at the event. If any questions, please e-mail LABOD@legacyk8.org.
Tuesday, November 15
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm
Thursday, November 17 ~ Elementary ROAR Assembly
Friday, November 18
- All School Dress of Choice!
- Middle School Honor Roll Dessert Bar (for the first quarter of this year) in the cafeteria 2:30pm-3:00pm.
Monday, November 21 – Friday, November 25 ~ Thanksgiving Break!
Wednesday, November 30 ~ Fifth through Eighth grade Christmas Concert in the gymnasium 6:00pm. Students must arrive at 5:40pm wearing church/Christmas clothing and meet in their homerooms.
Thursday, December 1 ~ Kindergarten through Fourth grade Christmas Concert in the gymnasium 6:00pm. Students must arrive at 5:40pm wearing church/Christmas clothing and meet in their homerooms.