Girls on the Run starts on September 13th. One more week to register! Go to www.girlsontherunrockies.org to register. Girls on the Run is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping girls stay out of the “Girl Box” – a place where girls are valued more for their outward appearance than their character inside. We are working to reduce at-risk behaviors such as substance abuse, eating disorders, teen pregnancy, and poor nutrition.
We use the term “running” loosely – girls can run, hop, skip, speed walk or dance towards their goals. The lessons promote self-challenge instead of competition; self-worth instead of societal worth; and cooperation instead of rivalry.
Our goals for each girl are to:
- Understand her place in the community.
- Have a strong sense of identity.
- Learn how to give and receive support in a group.
- Learn to stand up for herself in a healthy manner.
- Have an improved body image.
- Complete a 5K run/walk event in the community.
- Contact: Tara McFarlin firstname.lastname@example.org 720-315-6108 with any questions