Just a friendly reminder about the uniform policy changes for the 2016/2017 school year. The following items have been removed from the school dress code policy:
- Plaid to include jumpers, skirts or skorts
- Green and yellow polo shirts
- Yellow peter pan blouses.
We have added heather grey as a polo shirt option.
The girls may still wear solid blue, khaki jumpers, skirts and skorts. Boys may wear white and light blue oxford dress shirts. Girls can choose to wear white and light blue peter pan blouses. The colors for polos long or shirt sleeve are limited to:
- heather grey
- royal blue
Light blue polo’s are not an approved item.
We have no restrictions regarding where you purchase your student’s uniform items as long as they are in compliance with the dress code policy. Elizabeth Walmart will carry our items and usually have them in stock by the end of July, however be aware of your choices as they do stock non-approved items as well. French Toast, an online service, also carries our items and will allow you to put in our source code to pull up Legacy Academy’s approved items. source code: QS5JCKC
Roller skate shoes are not allowed at school. Please do not allow your student(s) to bring these to school.
- Summer Mowing & Trimming. We are putting together a team for summer lawn care. We will need to mow and trim the property at least three times over the summer.
- We are looking for families to help with our annual ‘thank you’ treat for the school district transportation department, the Elizabeth Fire & Rescue, and The Elbert County Sheriff’s Department. Your time and donations will count towards your volunteer time. Please request more information from our office. We plan to deliver these items on Friday, May 6, 2016.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help with our graduations on Friday, May 13th (Kindergarten at 5:30pm), Monday, May 16th (Eighth Grade at 6:00pm).
- We need volunteers to help with Field Day on May 18th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with Survivor Island.
- We still have Legacy Academy yard signs that need to be displayed throughout our community! Do you have a corner lot or a highly visible location where you would be willing to advertise our school with a yard sign? We are looking for people who will place a sign in their yard for a three month period, you will receive three hours of volunteer time. Please e-mail information at email@example.com or call the office if you can help! Thank you.
- Please e-mail Anne firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 646-2636 if you can help with any of these needs.
Saturday, April 30
- Eighth Grade departs to DC
Monday May 2 – May 6 Teacher Appreciation Week
Friday, May 6
- Middle School Dress of Choice
- Elementary Special Dress of Choice in honor of Teacher Appreciation
Week. Wear your teacher’s favorite color. No Fee.
- Silver Spoon Award 2:00pm
- Middle School Honor Roll Dessert Bar 2:30pm
Tuesday, May 10
- First grade field trip to the Denver Zoo.
- PTCO General Meeting 5:30pm in Mr. Parish’s room.
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm in the STEM/Library room. Free Childcare provided.
Wednesday, May 11
- Special PTCO Meeting 8:00am.
- Thursday, May 12
- Elementary ROAR Assembly at 8:30am in the gymnasium.
Friday, May 13
- All School Dress of Choice.
- Kindergarten Field Day 8:00am to 11:00am (Note Early Dismissal!).
- Elitch Gardens 8th Grade graduation trip 8:15am to 4:00pm.
- Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30pm in the Gymnasium.
Monday, May 16
- Fourth grade field trip to Dinosaur Museum.
- Eighth Grade Graduation at 6:00pm in the Gymnasium.
Tuesday, May 17
- Fifth Grade Continuation 1:15pm in the gymnasium.
- Night with First Grade 6:00pm in the gymnasium.
Important: Read Carefully!
Wednesday, May 18
- Field Day/Early Dismissal 12:00pm Please drop off First through Fourth grade at Casey Jones Park. Please drop off Fifth through Seventh grade at Legacy Academy. Please dress students in active wear, tennis shoes and layer for weather! We will send out a map to Casey Jones Park. All Students will be picked up through carpool at Casey Jones Park.
1st Day School Supplies Kits are still available to order. Please order by June 30th. If you choose to purchase on your own, you may access the list by clicking on the grade level. Please use this link: Order Here
Have a Wonderful Safe summer! See you in the fall! Thank you for choosing Legacy Academy!