Spring is here! We only have a little over six weeks of school left before summer break. Please check lost & found, all unclaimed items will be donated after Spring Break.
Families, it’s Carnival time!!! Early Bird tickets and wristbands are now available for purchase. Get yours today, prices will go up at the door. Visit our website to buy tickets.
The time for our annual fundraiser is coming up quickly. We are very excited to let everyone know that this year we are going to hold a Community Carnival here at Legacy. It is going to be held Friday, April 22 from 3:00 to 8:00pm. We could use all the help we can get. What a fun way to get your volunteer hours in! We could use some donations as well as volunteers the day of the event (you are able to sign up for multiple items). Check out the sign up sheet below to see where you can help. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kathy at Kathy.Smith@legacyk8.org. Sign Up Here
Just a friendly reminder on the uniform changes for the 2016/2017 school year. NO plaid which includes jumpers, skirts or skorts, no green or yellow polo shirts, and no yellow peter pan blouses. We have added heather grey as a polo shirt option.
Also, we are getting ready to do statewide assessments with our students in the near future. We will not be able to have volunteers in the building. Please stay tuned for additional information.
- Community Carnival. To make this event successful, we need your help. Sign up here
- Summer Mowing & Weed Whacking. We are putting together a team for summer lawn care.The property needs to be mowed and trimmed at least three times during summer break.
- We are looking for volunteers to help with our graduations on Friday, May 13 (Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30pm, and Monday, May 16 (Eighth Grade Graduation at 6:00pm). Jobs will include set up, serving and clean up.
Please e-mail Anne email@example.com or call (303) 646-2636 if you can help!
Please mark your calendar for these important dates:
- Friday, April 15 – Break a Leg Drama Performance at 6:00pm in the gymnasium
- Friday, April 22 – All School Carnival 3:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday, May 13 – Kindergarten Graduation at 5:30pm
- Monday, May 16 – Eighth Grade Graduation at 6:00pm
Friday, April 1
- Stampede to Read Assembly K-5th grade 9:00am – 10:00am
- Eighth Grade Field Trip to The Space Foundation
Thursday, April 5
- Talent Show Rehearsal 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Thursday, April 7
- Yearbook orders are due. Order forms will be sent home in Monday folders on March 28th or are available at the front desk.
Friday, April 8
- Middle School Dress of Choice /Opening Day for Rockies! Rockies Dress of Choice (No Fee)
- Spelling Bee K-3rd grade in the gymnasium at 8:15am
- Talent Show Case 1:30pm – 3:00pm gymnasium/cafeteria
Tuesday, April 12
- PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm in Mr. Parish’s room
- LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm Stem/Library room
Friday, April 15
- Break a Leg Drama Performance at 6:00pm in gymnasium
Monday, April 18th thru Thursday April 22nd
- Kiss a Pig- Bring your loose change to the front office and vote for the admin person you want to kiss a pig at the assembly. Will it be Mr. Nabor, Ms. Thorne, Mr. Danforth or Ms. Anne?
Wednesday, April 20
- Fifth Grade Field trip to Young Ameritowne
Thursday, April 21
- Kiss a Pig and Carnival kick-off Assembly
- Silver Spoon Award at 2:00pm in the cafeteria
- 5th through 7th grade “Girls Night Out” to Brunswick Zone in Lonetree. Depart at 3:30pm and return time approximately 8:00pm at Legacy Academy
Friday, April 22
- No School/Teacher In Service
- School Carnival! Legacy Academy 3:00pm to 8:00pm
Wednesday, April 27
- Third Grade Field Trip to Denver Museum of Nature and Science
Friday, April 29
- All School Dress of Choice
- Elementary ROAR Assembly 8:30am Gymnasium
- Kindergarten field trip to Prairie Canyon
- Fourth Grade Market Day 1:00pm – 4:00pm Cafeteria
- Band Pizza Party 3:00 – 5:30pm
- Band Concert in gymnasium 5:30pm – 6:15pm