Dear Legacy Academy Parents,
We are all settled in, what a great start to a new school year. Thank you for entrusting your children to us. Please remember, parents are welcome to call our office with any questions or concerns. We are happy to help!
This month there is No School on Friday, September 04, 2015, Monday, September 07, 2015, Friday, September 25, 2015 and Monday, September 28, 2015.
September 11, 2015 is Patriot Day Observation 8:00am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve or have served our country in the armed services, firemen and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers etc. to our celebration! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC, etc. on this day. We are still looking for donations of brunch items for our celebration. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with first and last name.
Please remember, students needing a hot lunch must place an order by 8:25am each day. Keep this in mind if your student is coming late. Make checks payable to “Elizabeth School Lunch Program” for lunch accounts, and add the name(s) of your student in the memo along with their grade. More information about our lunch program can be found at www.elizabeth.k12.co.usfoodservices.aspx.
Sign up on our website for Help Counter to register your volunteer hours at HelpCounter.net.
Free and reduced lunch applications are available on our website or hard copies are available at the front office.
- We are still looking for donations of brunch items to feed all of our community service workers for our Patriot Day Observation on Friday, September 11, 2015. All donation costs and time count towards volunteer hours. We will pick up items during carpool on Friday, September 11, 2015, so you or your student does not have to worry about getting the items into the school. Please bring in disposable containers, or label your containers with first and last name. Please e-mail Ms. Anne if you can help at email@example.com.
- We also need about 5 people to arrive at 7:30 am to help with set-up, and two more people to help with clean-up, at about 9:00am. Please e-mail Ms. Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with this special event.
- Mrs. Joann McQuigg (Librarian) is in need of several people to help set-up, run, and breakdown our Scholastic Book Fair. The dates are Monday, September 21, 2015 through Friday, September 25, 2015. Please e-mail email@example.com if you can help with any of these dates.
- Vision and Hearing screening is scheduled for Wednesday October 7, 2015 – Friday, October 9, 2015. We can use up to ten volunteers a day. We will train you if necessary! If you are interested in volunteering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Having trouble getting opportunities to volunteer at school? Make a cash donation to our ROAR awards program. Just send a check to the office and mark ROAR in the memo.
- Every ten dollars counts as one hour and goes to an excellent cause. See below.
This school year Legacy Academy is focusing on building character. School wide the students are asked to R.O.A.R. This means students are asked to be Respectful, On Task, Appropriate and Responsible. Students who show R.O.A.R behaviors are awarded a R.O.A.R Award. Then 10 R.O.A.R awards are drawn every month and those students will have ice cream with Mr. Naber.
In addition to R.O.A.R. awards we are teaching our students about Character Traits. The Character Trait schedule is as follows:
- Respect/Responsibility- August/September
- Honesty- October
- Compassion- November
- Humility- December
- Integrity- January
- Courage- February
- Perseverance- March
- Courtesy – April
- Cooperation- May
Friday, August 28, 2015 ~ All School Dress of Choice!
Students who have $1.00 cash can purchase ice cream on Fridays in the cafeteria at lunchtime. They cannot use their lunch account for this purchase.
Tuesday, September 1 ~ Cub Scout Join Night for boys in 1st – 5th grade at 7:00pm in the cafeteria.
Friday, September 4th ~ No School/Teacher In-Service
Monday, September 7th ~ No School/Labor Day
Tuesday, September 8th ~ PTCO General Meeting at 5:30pm (Free Childcare Provided).
LA Governing Board Meeting at 6:30pm.
Friday, September 11th ~ Patriot Day Observation 8:00am in the gymnasium. Please invite all your friends and family who serve or have served our country in the armed services, firemen and women, nurses, doctors, police officers, teachers, etc. to our observation! All children involved in a community service oriented club may wear their uniforms including Girl and Boy Scouts, AWANA, ROTC etc.
Tuesday, September 15th ~ Middle School Sweatshirt Order deadline.
Thursday, September 17th ~ Free Bronco Dress of Choice. Students may wear Bronco colors and jeans.
Friday, September 18th ~ All School Dress of Choice/All School Picture Day!
Wednesday, September 23rd ~ See you at the Pole, 6:30am This is a student led prayer time around the flag pole that is a global activity. Students and parents bring a breakfast item to share and come to the cafeteria for a quick breakfast at 6:30am and then gather around the flag pole at 7:00am to pray for their school, friends, churches and community.
Scholastic Book Fair available for children to walk through with their teacher.
Fun Run Assembly in the gymnasium from 2:00pm – 3:00pm.
Thursday, September 24th ~ Hat Day! Students can wear a hat for $2.00.
Elementary ROAR assembly 8:30am to 9:00am in the gymnasium.
Parent Teacher Conferences from 4:00pm to 8:00pm by appointment only. Elementary teachers will be in their classroom. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium. An email invite will be sent soon.
Scholastic Book Fair will be open to students/parents during conferences.
Friday, September 25th ~ No School!
Parent Teacher Conferences from 8:00am to 12:00pm by appointment only.
Scholastic Book Fair will be open during conferences.
Elementary teachers will be in their classroom. Middle school teachers will be in the gymnasium.
Monday September 28th ~ No School/Fall Break.